Please Help - really worried about LO :(:( UPDATED

Wriggley

Reaction score
Ok so tomorrow morning i going to ring my HV or doc because im really worried but thought id see what you lovely people think.

We have always fed Zacoiya on demand since day one and he always started to show signs of getting hungry within 2 and a half - 3 hours and if he went 3 hours he would be screaming - by 5 weeks he was on 5oz bottles and then went into 6 oz bottles at around 9/10 weeks. he had always guzzled his bottles as hes always been quite a hungry baby.

couple of weeks back he went through his 3 month growth spurt and was taking 8oz bottles so we upped his bottles to 7 oz and it evened out his intant during the growth spurt - when he finished the growth spurt he was happy on 7 oz bottles but took around 6 and a half oz.

but for past week hes just not been interested. - he has his last bottle at 9:20pm (normally guzzles this bottle 7 oz) and goes till around 6 ish till he wakes for a feed . Hes taking a max of 5oz at each feed normally around 4 and a half oz - and we are having to just offer him his feeds as hes going 4 hours without showing any signs of being hungry!! and i get worried leaving him any longer so give him a bottle and he takes between 4-5 oz.

He normally would take anything between 30 - 35 oz in a 24 hours period but been monitoring him resently and hes being having around 24 oz in a 24 hour period

im really worried about him because it just dont seem like him - hes normally such a hungry baby :cry::cry::cry: does anyone have any suggestions as to why hes suddenly like this?

I'm sure he's fine. Jed never once had more than 5oz at a time. Perhaps he was having a major growth spurt at first and is taking it eay now !

Any signs of teething? They sometimes go off food when their teeth break through x

Hes been very very dribbly for a while now but hes content and happy - i would have thought he would be a bit grizzly ?

Dylan went through phases like that. Generally he seemed to be feeling a bit off-colour. It could be that he's coming down with a bit of a cold, has a sore throat, earache... or simply that he's finished his growth spurt and just isn't interested.

It would be worth getting him checked over to rule out any illnesses, but if it were me I wouldn't be losing sleep over it.

yeah i mean the fact hes not at all wingey and is still happy and content makes me feel a little better it just seems a little bit too much of a drop - i mean it was a while back he had his growth spurt and for a while after it stopped he was happily having 6 ish oz

my Lo was a little guzzler. he was on 7oz every 2 n half hours at 6 weeks and has been ever since.( he would drink 12 oz if we let him tho lol ) and around 4 months old he completely changed, he wouldnt cry for food anymore and went 5 hours without food at one point untill i noticed the time and fed him. hes still the same now at 10 months old. i would keep an eye on him though just thought id share my experience xx

Early teething or a cold perhaps? Both of these tend to put our LO off his food. He also tends to go a few days with a reduced appetite after a growth spurt.

I remember Eva went thru this around that age. She had a growth spurt drank tons them for about a week and half she just never finished her bottles, I was lucky if sh managed half!
Don't know what it was Hun but it was just a phase and she soon got he appetite back soon.
EVA was teething from about 12 weeks sonit could hav been that.
If he is teething I bet that's something to do with it.
As long as hrs not losing weight I would try not to worry too much, they do go thrunphases with their appetite but of course if ur worried speak to HV.
Hope all is ok, I'm sure it is xx

Jack went through this too, lasted well over a month. Just wasnt interested.
He has only just now started finishing off his bottles, i think it was just a faze.
I also saw my doctor and he said it would get better and was just a faze, he was right
x

Interesting - my LO is 13 weeks and is drinking loads. Wonder if it will tail off too. Hope you LO is ok xx

My baby is a lot younger, but she seemed to be drinking less than usual. I spoke to the nurse about it and she said as long as shes putting on weight she will be fine. She said they will grow a lot quicker in the first 3 months so will have a lot then.

I'd agree that possibly teething, a cold coming on or both! Ihsan has went off his food and milk in the earlier days for those reasons. Your hv will probably just tell you to see how he goes and he will get back on track with his feeding. Hugs x

Remember that the average 4 month old take between 5-6oz at a feed, and many drop their night feed at this point, so I wouldn't worry too much.
LO will let you know if he's hungry. It may be that he has found his happy medium xxx

Our son went through a phase like this - for a few weeks he showed little interest in his bottles and would fuss when eating. We decided that he wasn't hugary and would eat when he was. We were right - we started offering his bottles a little farther apart (or when he obviously wanted one) and that stopped the fussing. In about 2 weeks he was back to eating even more than before. Never hurts to ask your doctor hun :flower:

thanks girlies il have a chat with hv once zacoiya goes down for a nap as i in on my own with him atm and as soon as i get on the phone he mardies lol

It could be anything really. If he seems ok in himself I wouldn't be too worried x

spoke to HV she said in first 3 months babies feed and feed and feed and when they get to 3 months they fine the amount they need so it means they can slow down and not take as much and in longer periods of time so everything is ok - we booked into clinic to get him weighed as well

thanks for your help girlies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->