please help - spotting?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Tunyia, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Tunyia

Tunyia New Member

Hi ladies - newbie here and hoping to get some opinions from experts

I'm still BFing my 15 1/2 month old son - anywhere from 3-6 times per 24 hour period. He's definitely cutting down. I have not had PPAF yet. Ever since January I've been getting some O-type cramping and EWCM at the same time each month. Last month, 5 days after my last EWCM, I had some brownish-pink discharge, mainly when I wiped, but then it turned dark brown and continued for several hours - didn't even fill a pantiliner and then it was gone.

So this month, on April 5, I had a full day of strong O-type cramping, but it was more like a constant soreness/tenderness that almost felt like pulled muscles in my lower abdomen. Then I started EWCM for a few days, which peaked around the 8th, then dried up. On the 15th I felt some faint phantom-like AF-type cramping (barely noticeable) in the morning, then it stopped and that afternoon I had spotting again when I wiped. However, this was a brighter pink/light red, and was more creamy (sorry TMI). Then it stopped completely - never got any on a pantiliner. I have had a tiny bit of AF-cramping once or twice since then, but that's it.

Could any of you tell me what you think this might be, or what it might mean? DH and I would like to TTC but since I haven't gotten my cycles back I haven't started to temp or chart yet (but I plan to start). Oh, we did BD 2x during the EWCM days.

2. seattlemama

seattlemama Mommy & Pregnant!!

Its always possible you could be pregnant, have you taken a test? BFing doesnt completely mean you cant or wont get pregnant. I have a friend that swears that when you nurse for that long sometimes your body starts shifting back to normal even if you havent had a period the whole time. So your body may be trying to get back into the swing of things and just having a hard time. Take a test, it wouldnt hurt anything.

3. Tunyia

Tunyia New Member

thanks - I know my body is definitely getting ready to O, but wondered if the spotting is related to that or possibly something else?? I'll test to be sure - I guess I'd wait until 2 weeks after the O symptoms?

4. Franki83

Franki83 3 Babbas, Thinking of 4..

i had an aunty that swears she didnt have clue that she was pregnant at all, until one day she was breastfeeding my oldest cousin and she felt a kick! apparently thats when she thought, uhoh, n went to docs, lol, n she was quite pregnant, lol.
    i hope you are honey, i really do x

5. Tunyia

Tunyia New Member

Thanks - that made me laugh!! A woman I know recently told me that she didn't find out she was pregnant with her first until she was 4 1/2 months! She had no symptoms, had actually lost weight, and always had irregular periods, so nothing tipped her off except she was spotting every 2 weeks. Then, she gave birth prematurely, so she actually only knew she was pregnant for less than 4 months!