Please Help - Upset Stomach For Over A Week

nostress

Reaction score
My stomach has been very upset for the past 9 days or so off and on. It'll churn and twist and just cause me a lot of discomfort... Sometimes higher up, like gas bubbles, other times lower down like intestinal issues. I haven't had a good bowel movement in over a week, just (tmi and a bit gross) diarrhea deer poop. I've upped my fiber and water intake, slowed on the artificial sugars and eaten more fruit and veggies. i've also started taking my colace again... But no matter what i do my stomach churns and twists uncomfortably, sometimes painfully, it gets so tight (and no not braxton hicks tight, I've had those too and this is different).

I'm home with my 2.5 year old today and I am supposed to be cleaning, but even the slightest movement, especially when i lean forward, causes my stomach to just churn and ache... Sometimes I feel nauseous from it like I need to throw up, other times its just painful like I need to have a bowel movement or pass gas.

I know this just sounds like a bad case of constipation or some kind of digestive issue, but my husband is worried because I am not able to do as much as I usually do (play with our daughter, pick her up, clean, cook) because every movement causes discomfort. I do still take a walk in the evenings but all that does is cause braxton hicks...

So... he wants me to call my doctor... a military doctor an hour away, who would probably tell me to call labor and delivery because I am in the third trimester (ridiculous). I just want to wait it out... but it has been affecting me significantly for quite some time now... What should I do?

I have had lot's of stomach discomfort through my pregnancy , but what helps me is taking Enzymes and Probiotics at all times every day . I take the one from the company Flora -Udo's . They are the best !!! and also mint tea or chamomile tea helps , hope you feel better ....

If it's really causing you that much discomfort and it's something new maybe a call is not such a bad idea. I've had 3 days with diarrhea but it seems to be getting better and I have no other discomforts so I decided to keep myself hydrated until I see my Dr on Monday.

Thanks... any other words of advice? My doula suggested an enema or epsom salt bath.. I've never done an enema though. Ugh, I just feel so exhausted and icky.

I was really hoping you got more response from this as I'm having the exact same problem for about a week now. I'm pretty sure I had this happen in third tri with my daughter too so I'm not overly worried about it but I was really hoping someone might know something that helps! I have a dr appt tomorrow so I'll ask my ob and let you know if he has any advise...I hope you're starting to feel better. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->