Please help us

Please try and get some rest. Like someone else mentioned, take it in shifts. You must be exhausted. Get some earplugs and a facemask and go lay down having DH bring you LO only when he needs feeding. Then when you get a few hours, do the same for DH. If LO is crying loads, have DH take him out in the car for a drive, put him in a sling, go for a walk (one at a time whilst the other one rests). We used to do this. DH would drive round in the car to get LO to sleep, go to starbucks and drink coffee til he woke and then come home. This would give me a few hours to rest. I really needed it the 1st few days because i was awake over 50 hours during my labour.

Please keep in mind as well, your horomones will be all over the place. It is natural to cry A LOT the 1st few weeks and its even natural to have horrid thoughts like 'what have i gotten myself into'. Theyre called the baby blues and they do pass. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you - I was hating myself with thoughts like that. Its so easy to do though at 3am when you think the rest of the world are fast asleep and its only you awake and cant doze off because LO is on your chest (as he is now!) My hormones are indeed all over the shop - but my saving grace is you lot on here - clearly this is all normal. I just wish I could get him to go down xx

It sounds like your doing such a good job. Glad you decided to do shifts. Theres no reason for you both to be awake with a screaming baby. Horomones play aweful tricks on you in the beginning. I used to take about 3 baths a day because it was my excuse to 'get away' from it all b/c the dr said it would help me heal. I remember just laying in the tub, crying, til the water went ice cold because I just didnt want to face the reality downstairs. Took me about 3 weeks to feel better. Some ladies take more time than that, some less but it is completely normal! :hugs:

Also, as others have urged, try and get out of the house everyday if possible. It will help a lot and Lo will probably sleep in the car or store so its win-win. I spent a lot of time in tesco & starbucks in the early days :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->