Please help

sailorangel59

Reaction score
Hi I am new here, and this may be TMI, but I am hoping someone can provide some insight.

My husband and I are trying to conceive and I've been tracking my ovulation cycles. I had previously been on birth control (for the past 12 years) and went off in January. My doctor said it could take 3-6 months for all the hormones to work there way out of my body. Since then I went to the routine 24 days the birth control gave me, to on average 36 days (according to my electronic tracking calendar).
In just the last few days however I had heavy bleeding (with clots) 11 days before before I should've started my period. For the past few days it has petered out (it seems to have lasted for four days). This surprised and annoyed me. But I am trying to figure out what it was. I've read this can happen in implantation, or ovulation, or just because. But it may be an early period, but now my calender is a bit thrown off for ovulation tracking.

Is this a period and I should start my tracking over again for the next cycle? Should I wait for the day my period was actually supposed to start? Could it be ovulation bleeding and the time to have sex was then (which my husband and I did)? I know I could call my doctor, but I don't feel this is doctor worthy call. I am kind of a data fiend in general (not just in trying to conceive) so knowing when an outlier occurs is important.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry, one other thing I forgot to add, my temperature did increase during these days.

It sounds like ur period to me. Sometimes our bodies can just through a whacky out there. As for as the calanders r concerned there only a guide esp when it comes to ovulation. Ur best bet is to have sex every 2nd day for ur whole cycle that way u will always have swimmers waiting when u do ovulate.
Good luck

Thanks for the insight. I've updated my Calender, I'll keep monitoring and move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->