please help!

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
so, here is the story..
I came off my period as normal earlier this month and then just 2 weeks later I started bleeding again! I'm still bleeding lightly now, the flow wasn't as heavy as my normal period but it's lasted around 5 days now. I've taken HPT and they were both BFN, so today I thought I'd do an ovulation test just to see what I'd get and the picture attached is what it showed! I'm so confused, can anyone help, similar stories maybe? :shrug: my next period is due 4th August! X

Could have been ovulation bleeding. Do you normally have mid cycle spotting or spotting in the run up to AF?

I never have mid cycle spotting, I spot slightly before AF but this isn't the same. I'm just so confused :nope: x

I've had some months where I experienced ovulation bleeding and others that didn't - so it's not necessariliy something you either do or do not get. Although even my heaviest ovulation bleeding wouldn't have been confused with menstration.

Definitely very confusing - if I had to guess I'd say you're ovulating, just because of the timing and the +opk. It's possible that you just had a rogue super short cycle, but that seems less likely. Unless - have you experienced something really stressful in the past week or two?

Hmm that is really interesting. If you have got a positive OPK the hormone must be there for the test to detect, so maybe it is just mid cycle bleeding.

I would see how the next month goes with your period etc, maybe this is just a 'blip'

I have started using the clear blue digital ovulation tests as they are so much clearer, but pricey I know :( but fed up of trying to figure out whether the dip strips are positive.

Not sure why you would get a positive opk though if you weren't ovulating. The pic you attached looks nearly positive, try again tomorrow and keep us updated.

X

You do have a second lh surge right before af. So if she were menstrating she'd probably have a +opk as well.

I get mid cycle bleeding, like a light flow just after O. I then get spotting until AF. It happened a few cycles and I went to the dr who diagnosed a cervical erosion which is harmless but annoying. It started off as spotting for a week before AF so if this continues for a few cycles get checked out. It is probably just freak O bleeding though. I'd say that OPK isn't positive, although maybe close.

Thank you ladies, the bleeding has finally stopped now! Did a HPT, and although I see a very faint shadow I'm gonna say BFN! X

Attachments

• IMAG0188_1.jpg
    IMAG0188_1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0187_1.jpg
    IMAG0187_1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 4
It looks like a grey evap to me :( maybe test again in a few days? Or buy a digi test? I hate those dip strip tests, they are known for their evaps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->