• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Please help!

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
OH and I are expecting a baby boy. We're so excited after together we have three girls. His two from a previous relationship and my little lady.

But we're struggling with names. I love the names Madden and Bennett. He kinda liked Madden and we'd nearly agreed until like a week ago. I like names that are a little different without being too out there.

Him on the other hand, he loves names that are totally unique. He likes Ace, Major, Crue, Jupiter, Scorpius. I absolutely cannot stand any of them and some days wonder if my poor little man will be better off with no name than with one his daddy chose.

What do I do?!!!! I just want to find a compromise!!

This is tough! But I don't like any of the ones your hubby likes. NONE of them...
I could settle for Madden too.. I like Bennett a lot tho.

Could you find a unique but still 'established' name? Something along the lines of...

Atticus
Phineas
Enzo
Orion
Alastair
Otto
Ephram
Augustus

All a bit quirky but names with solid roots and history. :)

I would tell your husband to think loooong and hard about how a child is going to have to own their name and it will be one of the first things people learn about them, so something like "Scorpius" may be best left as a family nickname or, you know, not at all. ;)

Eeek I don't like any of them either. I also don't like Madden but Bennett is cute :) good luck!

I'm not a fan of any of your DH's faves, either. Sounds like you'll need a compromise where he scales back a little and you push yourself a little. I think Bennett is adorable, but I can see how that would be too common for your DH.

Apollo
Maddox
Nash
Stellan
Brennan/Brannan
Crosby
Beckett
Knox
Lachlan
Tristan
Fintan
Kai
Emerson
Everett

Crickey his choices are quite out there! I'd probably suggest some names which are a little more mainstream but still have the unique vibe he's going for ad sound similar to the names he likes.
Sirius (instead of Scorpio)
Maddox (instead of Major)
Cruz (instead of Crue)
Jude (instead of Jupiter)
Axel (instead of Ace- although I kind of like Ace!)

Mmm other suggestions:
Knox
Kingston
Xavier
Chase
Chance
Dexter
Rex

I feel you. I have a Kaillem (Ky-lum) and Zoella (Zo-El-uh). And those were the names we were able to compromise on! My OH only likes crazy, basically made up names so I settled for ones with at least established nicknames. We call our little ones Kai and Zoe. Lol. I agree with what the other ladies are saying; look for names with some definite quirkiness, that are still real names.

My two cents is that another way to compromise is by using one of the "out there" names as a middle name...

Bennett Ace
Bennet Major

Btw... Bennett is our only choice if this one is a boy... Love it!

Name tastes vary so much, as they should, but I just have to say that Madden, while unique, is a word name and not a positive one at that. I did a quick copy and paste from the dictionary website below. I also found that it is a surname of an athlete but I'm not a sports fan and my immediate association is with the angry word madden. That being said, I think it might be best to let hubby pick out a name for the middle spot, within reason... Perhaps giving him a list.. Jupiter no but maybe Mars? Scorpius no but maybe Leo? I can easily see Ace being used as a middle name.

mad·den (măd′n)
v. mad·dened, mad·den·ing, mad·dens
v.tr.
1. To make angry; irritate.
2. To cause (someone) to go mad; drive to madness.
v.intr.

To become infuriated.
mad′den·ing·ly adv.

I don't like your hubby's choices either, are his 2 girls names similar to his name choices or are they more traditional? I only ask as I see your little girl is named Charlotte and I think if you go with something like Ace etc it's a bit more unusual as you went with a traditional name for your other child/children. Others might disagree with me there but I felt when my hubby was suggesting names this time some of them was a bit out there for my taste and I just felt it didn't suit our family as we went with Jessica and Jasmine for our other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"