please help

michelle1985

Reaction score
hi everyone my boss knows im pregnant and so does the company that i work for, am i supposed to get paid time off for antenatal appt and scans? they say im not intitailed to it i have to take it as sick! is this correct? i had a argument with my boss today about it, and he says that he will double check again with the company... and he also said that if i do i have to have all my appt in writing to him from either the hospital or my midwife. when my midwife gives me apptments she just arranges it over the phone and doesnt send and confirmation letters.

He is wrong you get paid for all appointments but they are entitled to ask for appointments in writing but im sure your midwife has got templates she can use

It's not legal for your employer to not give you paid time off for antenatal appointments. You probably will meed proof that you've been to your midwife but once you've had your booking appointment she'll write them all in your pregnancy notes. Explain this to your employer and if they stil say you have to take them as sick, speak to the union or HR dept. This isn't just for certain companies, it's UK wide and no-one is an exception xxx

Soory, it would have been easier to say it's ILLEGAL for your employer to not give you paid time off for antenatal appointments lol xxx

yep, you should get it all off paid, they may insist in written confirmation but a date and initial in your book should be enough...

you should tell them they need to bone up on legislation and laws. go get them told girl lol

im jealous. n the us we dont get paid for appointments unless we use sick time or vacation time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->