Please Help ! =(

Hotmum

Reaction score
I dont know if it is the right place to post, but I already got some great advice from my ladies in the premature board when I was pumping in the NICU.
Now that my baby is close to due n comming home soon I wanted to know some other stuff =)
I had a preemie ( as u can see in my tickers ;) ) and honestly it was HARD pumping in the first 2 weeks ( since I never had the chance to put her to breast until she was 22 days old ) and in the first week I could only hold here after few days, so my milk was TERRIBLE like 7 ccs in the first week and 20 ccs for the second week, and THANKS God now I can do 50 ml every 3 hours.
I know it is not thaaaaat bad, and it was just what she needed, now I am going crazy, she NEVER tried formula ( until she was 34 days old ) and yesterday they called me telling that I wasn´t ´´producing `` enough and they are going to start her in some neosure ( preemie formula ) I got crazy pumped like a mad woman, but no CHANGE :cry: .

Ok I am drinking plenty of water, resting, eating well, tried fenugreek ( didn´t work ) and pumping every 3...
Man I think just the stress of having her in the hospital is not helping much, but I need to do something I really want her to have only breastmilk =((((

PS. my nipples are sore from the pump too, already changed for a bigger funel but didn´t work since I have small nipples ( and small boobs haha)

please help ! I have to do something before she comes home !

Thank you very much :winkwink:
(if u know anything under the counter to take will be great too)

There's some other medicine that you can try, IM not familiar with them but one of the ladies will fill you in. My daughter was a 31weeker and pumping while she was in the NICU was so stressful and i was able to pump alot more either in her room after holding her and when she came home. Keep up the great work!

Try eating loads of oats, and increase your pumping to every 2 hours. You can also get domperidone, which I think you can buy over the counter but a lot of ladies on here get it on prescription.

If you're in the states there's something called mother's milk which is meant to work wonders! You can get it in health food shops.

HTH xx

thanks nervous_1
I will deff try the mothers milk and see if I need a prescription for domperidone

To make a long story short, I was in a LOT of high BP medicine before birth, ( 90 mg of nifedipine, 2400 of labetalol and sulfate mag for 48 hours after birth )
due severe Pre-eclampsia...
And even after all those meds I asked for something to increase my milk ( since I wasn´t having ANY for the first couple days) and they never gave me =(

And at my 2nd week app. with my doctor he told me it wasn´t necessary either ( I wanted to kill HIM ! lol )
I do agree with nullaby a baby at home makes all the difference ! ( my baby was 9 weeks early too hunn !)
but I really want to be prepared for her homecomming and have everything set !

=)

Don't even get me started about doctors and drugs!! useless idiots!! :grr: :haha:

You'll be just fine hun, have confidence in your body to do it's job and in your baby to tell your body what she needs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->