Please kick me!!!!

babytibby

Reaction score
Come on baby, kick mummy or something now.

Havent felt baby in quite a few days now and I am getting quite desperately worried.

Im 18 + 2 and this is my 3rd pregnancy so surely I should be feeling something by now. Not got an apt for another 2 weeks (scan) and I thik I may drive myself insane before then.

I was quite overweight when i got pregnant so it maybe that baby is just having to kick that bit harder to get through my blubber??? I dont know but Im getting very concerned now

I just barely started feeling baby around 18wks... this is my first pregnancy... and it was very inconsistent (and when I did feel her, I would have to lay still and concentrate!)- lol. I feel her more often now- but not really at all during the day...

Could be various reasons your not feeling much right now. From what my OB said though, it's very common this early on... you won't really feel anything that consistent till like 26-28wks I believe??? It's also possible you have an anterior placenta which would make it harder to feel baby move as the placenta would be between your tummy and uterus.

However, if you have concerns, just call up your doctor or MW... that is what they are there for to ease your mind :) I'm sure all is just fine though hun :hugs:

There was one day last week I think that things where going crazy in there, hardly stopped moving all day and now nothing. Im worried in case something has happened. I cant remember on my first 2 pregnancies when i felt kicks, the first was twins anyway so im sure it was different.

All other symptoms seems to be normal, tiredness, my god am i tired lol, the odd twinge now and again here and there, little discharge, all the normal stuff.

I can only see my midwife by appt on a Wednesday and Friday and Im not around tomorrow, I have to work away so will have to try and get in for Friday.

and im only 18+1, though it was Wednesday already :( I wish x

Hey, I am 27+ weeks on my 3rd. I only started getting regular movements a few weeks ago. At 18 weeks I may feel baby for a few days but then she would move and I wouldn't feel her for a while. This is very common at 18 weeks. Try drinking ice cold water, lay on your side, the right works for me and relax,the more relaxed you are the more chace baby will move xx

relax? ive heard of that but not too sure what it is lol. Maybe thats it, maybe im on the move too much. I start work @ 5.15am and I still havent sat down yet, yes I dnish @2pm but then its home for all the noemal school run, dinner making, ironing etc, so maybe if I try and take time to sit without falling asleep straight away I may feel something, if not watch out baby mummies eating ice cubes for breakfast lol.

Thanks for your help, that has put my mind at rest a little xx

hey i felt LO from 16 weeks but it was never anything consistent or strong until 21 weeks when she first kicked. now i feel her everyday.
i dont think you should feel constant kicks from about 25 weeks, maybe just the flutters

maybe babys facing your spine? i cant feel my baby when its facing my spine. Try getting on all fours and jiggling about a bit (with noone else around lol you might look a bit strange)

that works for me

I didn't feel anything babylike at 18 weeks - or maybe I did but didn't know it was LO! I only started to feel proper kicks and movement at around 22 weeks x

seems like Im probably expecting too much too soon. You'd never believe Ive already done this twice before lol

I shall just try and relax and be patient...............

As torch2010 said-try lying down and relaxing ( Like u iv kind of forgotten what that means, but im sure u can remember what it is if u try!!! Lol!!) Drink a big glass of cold water, lie down on ur left side (for some reason thats what my pregnancy book says if ur concerned about lack of movement) and just concentrate! I think when ur moving around in day to day life its easy to not notice.

My sil didnt feel anything with either of her 2 dds til about 21 weeks i believe. Lots of reasons for why it can happen, as pps have mentioned.

But,if ur stil lworried phone ur mw! But its prob just that the day u felt it alot it was in a really good position to feel it, and now its moved somewhere difficult!!

xx

relax? ive heard of that but not too sure what it is lol. Maybe thats it, maybe im on the move too much. I start work @ 5.15am and I still havent sat down yet, yes I dnish @2pm but then its home for all the noemal school run, dinner making, ironing etc, so maybe if I try and take time to sit without falling asleep straight away I may feel something, if not watch out baby mummies eating ice cubes for breakfast lol.

Thanks for your help, that has put my mind at rest a little xx

Oh for sure, I feel baby much more often when I'm laying down at night in bed relaxed... haha... during the day I'm up and around and my mind is elsewhere with work and I rarely feel much...

Nice to get at least 5 minutes to relax before bed! haha ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"