Please look at my Chart - advice needed

Cookie1979

Reaction score
This is my first cycle temping and I dont think its going well, as you can see in the below chart my temps are all over the place. I'm finding that a combination of wake ups in the night and being woken up in the morning at different times is giving me very erratic temps and they vary by quite alot.

I took an opk today and it was positive, I have loads of ewcm today and yesterday (the most I've had this cycle) and feel like ovulation is imminent but then I look at my chart and the fact that my temp went up this morning (didn't have 3 hours solid sleep again before taking my temp due to my son waking up at 3am) and I think am I even going to get confirmation of ovulation? Am I wasting my time?

I've seen other peoples charts and none have looked like mine, mine looks ridiculous.

Can someone give me some advice please, feel lost!!! x

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c830/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Me personally if i wasnt getting 3 hours solid sleep and taking my temp at rougly the same time, i wouldnt bother temping (if you know you are ovulating each month) as FF will struggle to pin point ovulation correctly.

I temped for 3 months saw i was definitely ovulating and gave up temping this month, ive gone to using just OPKs :)

But someone more experienced than me will come along and help you x

Thank you for your reply. I think you are right, I dont think I should be temping, if for no other reason than the fact that its stressing me out and I really wanted this cycle to be relaxed. I wasn't going to use opks but then felt so unsure because of my erratic temps that I felt I needed to. Think opks are less stressful, but maybe I need to avoid both.

Feel like the relaxed approach is the key and Im on cycle 3 of ttc and Im not relaxed at all. xx

While i was temping i let it get to me big time, so ive stopped now. I was concerned about when i was going to ovulate, have i ovulated, why is my temp so funny etc was doing my head in lol

So i use OPK's and cough medicine as i dont produce much CM oh and preseed but have use lube for years as my medication makes me rather "dry"

I find i now know roughly when im going to ovulate (it changes each month) and OPK's give me advanced warning ;) plus my LH line builds up gradually, so in the beginning i use one a day and just before Ovulation i might use 2 or 3 then once i get 2 BFP OPK's i stop using them all together.

Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->