Please please have a look

angel11

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I posted in the TTC forum about this. I used OvuCard brand OPK's but due to the price here I ordered green handle tests from Early Pregnancy Tests.com website. I used them this past week as I have to ovulate this week, and they didn't show any lines at all. Whilst the OvuCard showed a line (although it was faint, it was at least a visible line).

So today I tested again, and decided to use the same urine sample with both tests. I checked on the internet and both these brands have a 25mg sensitivity.

That said, it looks like a positive on the OvuCard but a negative on the green handle. However, the green handle actually has a distinct line this time. Also, since this afternoon, I have had some short, sharp stabbing pains in my ovary area, but on both sides (not at the same time). Please have a look and tell me what do you think of the result? My temps haven't raised yet, so I know I haven't missed O.

Attachments

• IMG00032-20110607-1721.jpg
    IMG00032-20110607-1721.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 23
nope i'd say a few more days ;) the line has to be AS dark or darker than the control line.

I would say a day or 2! Def check tmrw cause it could be so much darker tmrw! Best of luck

I would assume I had a positive OPK (going by the ovucard) and BD accordingly but keep testing just in case. Sometimes the IC's just don't have enough dye or sensitivity. But I'll bet their both glaringly positive tomorrow! Good Luck!

I bet if you take another test late this afternoon it will be positive! GL you might want to BD before then if you can :) My Dr. said it's more important to bd before you even get a pos opk since everyones body is different so that you don't miss your surge :)

Yeah those are REALLY close. I'm not sure how long your surges normally are, but I would be testing again in 8 hours or so.

i would say wait another 24hours and test again might be postive x

Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for the response. I will test again today. I made sure we BD anyways just in case. And I also use preseed so hopefully that will cover my basis just in case I am out with my ovulation day.

Thanks again.

:thumbup: like u have u shud have sex when "its nearly" pos , some woman O the day of a pos and u need to try get a day b4 O aswell , goodluck x

I have the same i.c. i was using another brand as well and also got confused! the other brand showed positive nearly every day and the i.c only ever had even a proper line (still heaps lighter then the control line) once. that was at 11am, i did another in the arvo around 5pm and there was no line again! I had a blood test just before i came home and used another i.c and my lh was 17. something and the tests only pick up over 20. not sure on their accuracy and i was left more confused then anything else lol

Hey itsy.bitsy. yeah the strange thing is that both tests apparently have the same sensitivity and both have used the same urine sample. Either way, I will test again and see what happens and hope that i caught the egg. I do temping so I will be able to tell when I ovulated, but I was kind of hoping to be able to know prior to ovulation happening.

I don't do any ovulation tests so i dont know for sure but i have seen darker, i think all you can do is BD every night or every other and maybe the tests will be more obvious tomorrow?
Good luck on catching your egg this cycle and i read your signature and wanted to say woohoo on beating breast cancer! You are a strong woman :)

Hey Deethehippy.

Yeah I am going with the BD a much as possible right now as I sometimes struggle with the OPK.

Thanks for the compliment. Amazing how going through something like that, makes you change your whole outlook on life and so many other things. Got my survivor tattoo done just after I finished chemo, to always remind me of where I am coming from, and that there is no mountain too big to climb.

have a great day!!!

Hey itsy.bitsy. yeah the strange thing is that both tests apparently have the same sensitivity and both have used the same urine sample. Either way, I will test again and see what happens and hope that i caught the egg. I do temping so I will be able to tell when I ovulated, but I was kind of hoping to be able to know prior to ovulation happening.

the other tests i was using were also supposed to be 20miu/l but seemed heaps more sensetive and i also used the same urine sample, i later questioned why i had to do it because it just made everything so confusing. i have no idea if or when i ovulate in the end, just that on cd 21 i had low progesterone. on cd 30 now.

Hey itsy.bitsy.

I went to a doctor during the 2nd month of TTC due to the effects of chemo on my ovaries. He then did a 21 day progesterone test but didn't bother to even look at my chart. If he did, he would have seen (and I tried telling him this), that I ovulated on CD 21 in my first cycle.

The 21 day test is done 8 days after ovulation (assuming you ovulated on day 14). So if you ovulate later like me, then the 21 day test wouldn't pick up the necessary levels of progesterone. Needless to say, my test came back as too low.

But I am charting so I can see that during the month, when he did the test on CD 21, I only ovulated on CD 25 and had my sustained thermal shift for 13 days after that so I must have ovulated on day 25.

It can be really frustrating but just cos your progesterone level came back low, doesn't mean that you are not ovulating. I have to say that charting made a huge difference for me.

Good luck!!

thanks angel11, im going to give temping a try next cycle. it may not work due to being a shift worker but anything is worth a try! I actually think i tried to ovulate the monday a week before but dont think i actually did till the monday that they tested, still cant say for sure cos i didnt chart but fingers crossed. I know that vaginally temping is more accurate, but most days are going to be done at 7am with some done at 5.30am im also a shocking sleeper so hope it still works

Hey hun. Yeah I also tend to wake up at around 5 in the mornings when I am actually supposed to get up at 6:30. So my temps aren't always 100% but it still gives me some idea and ones you actually have a thermal shift from ovulation, it is quite evident in the temps.

Good luck in temping.

So did you test again that day? And was the line darker? :)

Hey hun. Good to chat to you again. Well, due to the time difference, when I posted that picture, it was already in the evening so I tested the next day. The OvuCard was very positive with a much darker test line than the control line, and the green handle was almost positive but not entirely. The next day, both lines started going lighter again so perhaps that is about as dark as I will get on a green handle. I did however ovulate as my temperatures went up and FF indicated my ovulation to have been the day after I posted this pic. So give or take, I am 7dpo today.

Weird thing is, last cycle I had cramping (AF like) from ovulation all the way until AF. This time around, I have no cramping just a strange sharp pain or sensation throughout the day lasting a few seconds, and only on my right side of my abdomen. Nothing else. No cramping or bloating etc. Not too positive about this cycle due to the confusion regarding my ovulation etc. We only BD'ed the day of this test, and not the day of suspected ovulation (which was the day after). But I used preseed so hoping I caught an eggie :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->