:-( Please please help - brown discharge at 6 weeks...Anybody??

buttercup_82

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and so far everything has been fine. Have been feeling tired, hungry, back achey etc. but last night, when I went to the loo, I had stained my underwear.

The stain was a very light, but very noticeable brown discharge.

It was there a bit when I wiped but then went away.

Then throughout today, have had it a few times when wiping, and a small bit on my underwear.

I would describe it as light brown discharge - quite mucous consistency (sorry tmi)

Up until yesterday afternoon, I have been having plenty of creamy cm, the type I had in my pregnancy when I had my daughter. Always a good sign for me. But then this started and I'm confused and scared.

I had a miscarriage a few months ago at 13 weeks. After my d and c I didn't bleed much, but about two weeks later I had a very similar discharge to what I'm having now - colour and consistency. It was leftover from d and c. Then when I got my first cycle, after period stopped I had a couple of days of this brown mucous discharge while hubby and I were ttc. I then became pregnant, and here I am now - with this discharge.

I'm very confused and worried. Can't get a scan until tomorrow. I had a mmc a few years ago that started off with brown spotting, but I can't remember what the discharge was like - I know it ended up being thick and sticky dark brown, but cant remember if it was ever like what I am experiencing now. It's just people say brown blood is old and therefore good, but in my experience, it wasn't good.

Sorry for the long post - really really grateful for any thoughts on this / similar experiences.please help

Hi buttercup. I'm going to be stalking as I'm 6+1 and have just discovered browny mucusy dc. With a bit of a red tinge aswell. There's not much but I feel different too.

It could be implantation type pains, cervix closing up etc. but tbh I had lots and lots of cramping in week 5 and none for a good week or so now. What about you?

I've also been having loads of ewcm, which I thought was a good sign. Have you had much?

Sorry I'm not much help but just wanted to say you're not alone xx

Thanks so much for your reply Kanga, it's nice to have someone to talk to bout this, even though it's not a nice thing to be so worried and scared...

In terms of ewcm, I have been having tons of creamy cm pretty much since before I got my bfp and even up until yesterday afternoon.

I have been having cramps for the past week or so, mainly back ache and that's what I had before when preg with my dd. but now my back feels more achey today, But I don't know it that's in my head! It might be a good sign if u aren't so crampy??

Do u mind me asking, was the dc in your underwear or just when wipe? I had a bit on underwear today, less than last night, and today just mostly when I wipe - but it's most definitely light brown, almost like a watery discharge.

Are u able to get a scan?? Xo

Hi Hun. I'd been having loads of Ewcm too although today it was browny red. It was in my Knicks and there was the smallest of tinges on toilet paper. It was about 6pm when I was running ds his bath and I haven't dare check since

I'm a bit crampy so feeling pretty gutted. I've just scoffed a massive Lindt bunny for comfort!

Sounds like yours has pretty much stopped which is good? Will you request a scan to check everything out?

Have you had/got any other symptoms and have these changed over the last few days? Xx

Getting a scan tomorrow afternoon, I'm holding on to some hope but really I am preparing myself In case it's not good. I've been here before where it ended badly for me, but I guess every pregnancy is different?

Hate all this not knowing!

I'm crampy too, just hoping we are both ok!!! It's so hard because cramps can be a good thing in pregnancy or a bad thing. Think we have some mini Lindt bunnies in fridge, may have to go eat them too!!!

My symptons are mainly tiredness, more hungry than usual, back ache, and up until yesterday evening creamy cm. I still have the other symptons I think, but I keep getting paranoid! What about u?

Still getting some discharge when I wipe, doesn't seem to be too much at minute but I know that could change xo

Yeah I've had 2 Mcs before and don't think I can do it again. So think ill stay in denial for a big longer before getting checked out.

I've had sickness on and off. Thirst but not recently. I'm not feeling good about it at all tbh. Still sat on the chair, will brave a check soon!

Hope all is well for you tomorrow. It's great that you have your other symptoms so hopefully you'll see a nice bean tomorrow x

Thanks Kanga, am hoping the best for you too. Just had some more dc on tp so I'm not too hopeful, I just want to get the scan at this stage...

Have had 2 mc also, it's just so hard and unfair, don't think I could do it again either :-( try and stay positive. I know what u mean - I dread every time I go to the loo!

Stay strong and keep in touch xo

I will do, we are in the same boat at the same stage too. Lets hope it's good news Gif both of us. We can start with you tomorrow ! Xx

Bit of an update from me. Bright red blood on panty liner. Not had this before with my previous losses. Period cramps also. Not looking good. I wish you the best of luck for tomorrow please let ,e know how u get on. Night x

Kanga, I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you are doing ok. It's so cruel and unfair. I hope u will get an appointment tomorrow?

Please take care, I'll be thinking about u and keepingu in my prayers. I'll let u know how I get on.
Night night and God bless xo

Hi Kanga, how are you doing? Has there been any change? I had more discharge this morning with a small blood clot on tp, a bit of staining in underwear which was darker than discharge yesterday, still brown - I think - not sure if it's dark red, but it's not bright. Not looking good... Hope u are doing okay xo

I'm needing like a light period. It's pretty red. Doctors appt at 4.30 toda and scan booked for weds at 8.50. It's not looking great for me

What about you, do you have a scan today? Are you cramping? I'm having period pains. Xx

Had my scan today and really I am no further on. I thought I was about 6.3, but the sonograher said she thinks I'm just early and have my dates wrong. We could see a sac, yolk sac and what she thinks might be a baby, but very very small.

I mentioned the blood and she said it could be anything like implantation, or even from the baby aspirin that I am taking under my consultant after last mc, but also that it could be a sign of misscarriage. But kept saying that she really thinks I'm early for dates. I was temping, taking opk's etc so I'm quite sure if my dates but I suppose there is always possibility I am wrong?

She said she didn't want to give me false hope, but has booked me to come back in ten days for another scan. I said I might be in touch before that if bleeding really takes off though..!

The scan was internal, so she was able to see the blood after and said it is red - so I'm past brown stage now. I'm still not spotting loads, but there is a bit each time I wipe and every so often a bit more than 'just a bit'.

I got positive opk on 5th and 6th march, then negative on 7th. Is it possible I wold have ovulated much after the positive ones?

I'm not building my hopes up at all, just going to have to wait and see, and to keep an eye on this spotting, which is turning into a dull red...

I hope u got on well at doctors today, let me know how u got on. Are u sill very crampy? I have dull back ache but that's about it. Hope u are doing ok.

this is all so hard!!! Xo

Hi Laides- so very sorry you are both going through this time of not knowing and incredible fear. I wish you both the best.

I had 3 different episodes of brown spotting with this pregnancy all between 4 and 7 weeks and I'm so far all is well. Bleeding is incredibly scary and each time I saw it I just knew that the pregnancy was over, but that is not always the case. Good luck to you both. :hugs:`

Thanks for your support scarolna. I'm hoping to still be ok but ill now for sure at 8.50 on weds!

What's your lmp buttercup? I think it's Totally possible that you ovulated later, with my son I was like you thinking that i Ovulated earlier but my dates were always a week back suggesting I ovulated a week later than I thought, well 5 days.

I take it you didn't get a heartbeat? But that's not that usual at 6 weeks. I hope everything turns out ok for you at your next scan, it's a drag having to wait isn't it.

I'm still cramping, the bleeding has eased a little. I'm looking forward to me scan and finding out what's going on. Saw a friend today who had the same bleed im having when she was 6 weeks with her twins. And that all turned out ok. I haven't had any massive clots so that is the only hope I'm hanging in to at the moment.

I hope it all ends well for us both x

hey guys just seen this i had bleeding at 6 weeks, 8 and 10 weeks and i'm still pregnant its not always a bad thing, fx it all works out for you.

Thanks scarolina and sweet. Its great hearing positive stories. And thanks kanga for advice on ov.

Basically, when we went in today, sac is measuring about 5.5 weeks. There was a yoke and possibly a baby too, there was something very very small and sonograher reckons this culd be a baby but didn't confirm. She was probably more optimistic than me

But we didn't see a heartbeat, so scheduled in again for ten days time.

My spotting is very light and seems to have stopped, with a faint bit when wiping.

But the thing is, the last time hubby and I dtd was on March 6th, the 2nd and last day of my positve opk. Then according to fertility friend I ovulated on march 7th, but I have heard that ff can get it wrong. can opk's be wrong too?

But to make my dates wrong, it wold probably meani would have conceived on the Monday roughly, but that's 5 days after bd. is that not an awfully long time? just seems so long and so that's why I'm wondering maybe my dates are right and my baby stopped growing at 5.5 weeks.

What do u all think? Any ideas??

Kanga, I am feeling more optimistic for you! :) its great that u haven't been clotting, I will be praying all goes well for you on weds!

Is anyone/ did anyone take low dose aspirin when ttc/pregnant??

Thanks ladies xo

Kanga - my lmp is feb 19th, although first cycle after mmc and d and c, so not sure what length it would have been. I'm usually regular 28 days, got first period 32 days after d and c xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->