Please please help - episiotomy issues

Ananya

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you ladies are all well after the birth :)

I gave birth in July on the 13th. I had a degree episiotomy which came undone on a certain section. That little part took weeks to back together. I had several infections and different types of antibiotics.

Anyway, the little part has come back together but you can still see the pink skin as the skin has not grown on top properly.

The last 3 weeks I have been in so much pain especially when doing my pelvic floors and going for a bowel motion.

I went to the GP and she thinks it's a thrush so she gave me a one off 150mg of fluconazole and canestan cream. It has not made a difference.

I cannot sit on the loo or sit in certain positions. After a bowel motion it feels sore.

Now I have never had thrush so I don't know the difference. It feels like my stitches.

If this doesn't get better they will refer me back to a gynae!

Any advice or similar situation any one has been in?

Thank you x

Anyone? I have posted several times here but never any acknowledgement. It would be nice to hear from anyone who has shared similar experience.

What degree was it?

I had a 4th degree tear and separate episiotomy. At my 6 week check I was advised the tear was still open at one end. I also had a follow up with a consultant at 8 weeks post who was able to advise me I was healing well although I did have a mild prolapse which resolved with the help of physio.

If yours has now come back together it could still be you're healing, especially if it was a serious tear. I'm sure your stitches should have dissolved by now so if you still think you can feel them it's definitely worth seeing having someone else check.

I was in a lot of pain for a long time after my tearing, it was after a year before I felt ok-ish again.

Sending you lots of hugs :hugs: xx

Thank you Teal. Very kind of you to respond :)

It was only a 1st degree episiotomy which was 5cm. It was healing well from the bottom then in the middle it came undone with a long bout of infection.

Now I if I bend down, it really hurts! Also I am still very constipated and wondering if that is also having an impact on the pain.

Ouch your tear and episiotomy sounds painful. One whole year to feel okish?! :mad: that is shocking. It must have been hard to deal with a tear and episiotomy!

My episiotomy did not come open again, but I had a 2nd degree... My baby girl was born on July 8, 2013, so it's been 14 weeks. My incision is still tender, but most of the pain comes from standing up from sitting since Allie cracked my tailbone when she was born :wacko:.

I would check with your gynecologist, especially since you have had trouble with the incision before... Good luck and I hope you feel better soon! :thumbup:

I had one with my daughter which was nearly 3 years ago. I can't remember exactly how long it was sore for, but I find it always stayed a bit of a sensitive spot.
When i was about to go into labour with my son I was convinced the whole thing would tear apart again, but nothing happened and I only had a small graze. Phew!
If it hurts really bad though and you've already had an infection I'd check with the gp to see if everything is ok.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->