Please please let this be nothing!

aPharmD

Reaction score
Went for an early ultrasound today (on my own) not with my dr. They found a sac measuring 4w4d. I thought I was 5w1d. Lmp was 2-4 and I O'ed on cd15. Anyways the ultrasound tech found something large in my uterus that might be a cyst or fibroid of some sort. Pretty much accepting this pregnancy is also going to end. I literally just had a polyp removed jan 20. After a d and c in August.

I wouldn't worry about the measurements 4 days isn't alot you may have implanted later ect Fingers x it all works out Hun

I would relax as everything should be all fine. Most people unless their bodies are spot on are always put back a bit. Lmp is only an ESTIMATE as to how far along you are. They simply go by that as until you have a dating scan you cant know when you concieved exactly and when you implanted. As for the large thing in your uterus it may be something that isnt affecting baby. There have been lots of others who have had things and baby was just fine. The worst thing people tend to do after a previous loss, is to right away go to gloom and doom as soon as something isnt perfect because they are afraid of another loss. Its only natural to feel that way, but unless you have been told its something harmful to baby try to keep your head up high.

Thanks ladies. I hate that I have to be so worried now. Trying to think positive!

I was 5 days out from what I thought and still all good. Don't worry :)

I'm sorry. I hope your baby is okay, but more importantly I hope your health is good!

I wouldn't worry about being a few days out. The measurements are so precise early on that if they were half a millimeter out it would make a big difference to dates. Hope your health is ok.

Forgot to say that the fact they found a sac this early on is great I personally wouldn't dream of going for a scan that early in case they seen nothing x

I measured 4+5 when I knew i was 5+3. I went back 8 day later and measured spot on, with a heartbeat seen too x

I'm not too worried about the dates esp since it wasn't a vaginal u/s. A relative of my husbands is an OB and she took a look at the U/S picture. She said it's really hard for her to see from just one still picture but her and her partner thought it could be ovarian. Like a corpus luteum cyst. Which is nothing to worry about. Hoping that's the case! My uterus had had all the surgeries is can handle In the last several months!

Hey hun, they found a 6cm simple cyst on my right ovary in my first scan too - I was measuring 7+1. The sonographer checked and said it was the ovary which I ovulated from. Did they say if yours was a simple cyst? Also how big? And any idea if it is the ovary which you ovulated from?

It's 2 weeks now until I go back for a re-scan. Have you got another scan booked? Hope it's all okay. It's such a worry when they find something unexpected xx

Hey hun, they found a 6cm simple cyst on my right ovary in my first scan too - I was measuring 7+1. The sonographer checked and said it was the ovary which I ovulated from. Did they say if yours was a simple cyst? Also how big? And any idea if it is the ovary which you ovulated from?

It's 2 weeks now until I go back for a re-scan. Have you got another scan booked? Hope it's all okay. It's such a worry when they find something unexpected xx

It wasn't a dr who looked at me first. She was an u/s tech. She didn't know what it was. But my relative who is an ob just saw one simple picture. The tech thought it was in my uterus down towards the cervix. I talked to my dr today and my first scan is March 26. She told me not to worry til then! I'll let you know when I hear something. Keep me updated on your situation! I think ovarian cysts are not too big of a deal from what I've read...

They can be not a big deal if they are fluid filled. Fluid filled often reduce on their own.
Mine were dermoid cysts which were solid and do not reduce on their own, one was softball sized. It caused me daily pain and had a chance to be cancerous. I lost all of one ovary and tube, and half of the other ovary in October, and the operation could not be performed via keyhole surgery so I have a very large scar.

It wasn't a dr who looked at me first. She was an u/s tech. She didn't know what it was. But my relative who is an ob just saw one simple picture. The tech thought it was in my uterus down towards the cervix. I talked to my dr today and my first scan is March 26. She told me not to worry til then! I'll let you know when I hear something. Keep me updated on your situation! I think ovarian cysts are not too big of a deal from what I've read...

Yes will let you know, my scan is 27th March so the day after yours. Let me know how you get along too. If they say it's a simple cyst like mine that is good news as it means it is fluid filled, and has a good chance of skrinking xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->