Please read and comment ...?

SwtlyBlessed

Reaction score
I could really use a reply, even just one...

We've always wanted to have kids close together, so when I got my period back almost immediately after my first (currently 4 mo old) we looked into the safety of conceiving again quickly. Among other sources my doc said it was safe, so we decided to start trying and just trust that it would happen whenever it happens. I eventually skipped my period but HPT was negative (three times and the last test was when I was over a week late) so I went in for a check up to make sure everything was ok. Turns out I'm about six weeks pregnant!! We are so excited, and as of now it looks like #2 will be due 51 weeks after #1.

But yesterday I called my gynecologist's office and spoke with his *not very nice* nurse. She told me I should probably stop nursing now because it's too hard on the body to do both, and was just generally acting really condescending. She said that even tho I was EBF, "breastfeeding is not effective contraception." I said I understood that, and that we had actually hoped to conceive again. She said nothing so I tried to reconfirm that conceiving back to back was safe and she actually scoffed and said "well there's nothing you can do about it now." Surely this was insensitive and unkind, yes? Was my GP, etc all wrong about it being safe? All I could find was a minuscule risk of autism and some partially inconclusive studies on increased preterm labor.

Anyone out there with Irish twins? We were both so excited, but now I feel weird. And of course we don't yet want to share with all of the people I would normally seek support from. It would be great to hear any positive encouragement or experiences from any others who have ever been there

Congratulations!! You keep on nursing, momma!! You are the mother and you know what is absolutely best for your babies! You are early in your pregnancy and have plenty of time to decide what and how you want to do things. No one knows what's best for your babies but you...if you want to continue nursing, ypu do just that! What an exciting time...don't let one nurse soil your joy! H&H 9 mo to you!!

The risks of autism are not as high as a big age gap... Autism is caused be genetic factors so don't worry there is nothing anyone can do to avoid it..... Congratulations on your baby xxx i will have a 13 month gap you are not alone xxx

I think 9 of mine were conceived and gestated whilst still b/f baby before with no autism anywhere. The LO before last b/f all through recent bubs pregnancy and his his only complaint was that the milk became 'spicy' or 'sour' in his 2 year olds words:) So you may find that LO may start to wean himself when the change comes in which others of mine also did,congrats on your pregnancy:)

Thanks all. I will continue to BF for awhile I think. My milk supply has dropped so I won't be able to do it exclusively for as long as I'd hoped, but that's ok. So appreciate the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"