PLEASE READ - Buy, Swap & Sell Rules - Personal Non-profit Only

Discussion in 'Buy, Swap & Sell' started by Wobbles, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted RULES!

In an effort to keep our forum free from spam this section can only be contributed to by members with 250+ posts and 3 months membership.

WHAT CAN I SELL

• BABY RELATED GOODS NO ITEMS OVER £200
    • NON-BABY RELATED GOODS NO ITEMS OVER £100
    BabyandBump is a family community & although this section allows you to trade with other members we do not allow the sale of items over £100 for non-baby related goods and items over £200 for baby related goods.
    I want to sell my item for more than that
    If your asking price is for more you are only permitted to post an eBay link - the sale MUST be completed through ebay/paypal and not BabyandBump.

'Testing the water' threads will be deleted that are created to avoid these rules. Anyone suspected to be trying to play the rules to their advantage may have their permissions to sell removed with no notice.

You must specify an asking price at all times unless the item you are selling retails for less than £100 for non-baby items/£200 for baby related items then you may suggest offers.

Be clear about what you are selling, it's condition and where possible add a picture to increase chances of a sale.

Try to avoid abbreviations, not everyone is clear what they will mean.

Items sold? It would be useful to other if you edited to add 'SOLD' to the start of your thread titles.

• RESTRICTIONS ON THREADS/BUMPS
    New threads. You are permitted to post the MAX of 3 new threads per week.
    Bumps. You are permitted to bump your threads once every 24 hours from the last time logged - Not a second before. Max of 5 threads bumped at any one time if bumping older sales.

WHAT CAN'T I SELL

• YOU MAY NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL/TRADE THE FOLLOWING THROUGH BABYANDBUMP
    Alcohol
    Baby food
    Cigarette/nicotine replacements
    Copied or backup software/games/music/DVDs
    Dieting supplements
    Dieting pills/powder
    ebooks
    Breast milk
    Formula
    Fireworks
    Live animals/livestock
    Medicines or supplements of any kind
    Tobacco

Due to the forum rules - No Gina Ford books may be sold in order to avoid discussions.

TIPS

• PAYMENT, DISPATCH, INSURANCE & COLLECTION
    Payment. Always pay through PAYPAL and do NOT use the 'gift' payment option. Gift payment can not be disputed.
    Dispatch. Sellers agree to post all items within 7 days and gain proof of postage.
    Insurance. Sellers and buyers should make sure the item is covered for loss or damage, a couple of pounds extra can be worth it.
    Collections. We urge you to be careful providing strangers with your home details, where possible meet in a public place and maybe take someone to accompany you.

GENERAL

• PERSONAL (nonprofit) SALES ONLY
    Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted is for PERSONAL SALES ONLY and is not to be used for business or semi professional hobbies (EG: reoccurring, not one off sales or custom orders).

• BUSINESS SALES
    No links to commercial websites, auctions/eshop†, forums, referral or affiliate links.

• BUYERS & SELLERS
    If we receive a complaint we may remove permissions to this section until the issues are resolved however you are responsible for the transaction. BabyandBump accepts no liability for any failed transactions and/or any other problems that may occur after a sale has been made.

• PERSONAL DETAILS
    Personal details are exchanged at members own risk.

• ABUSE OF SECTION
    Members who show only or mainly show only an active interest in this section and not other areas of BabyandBump will find their account restricted from using this area with no notice.

If anyone fails to keep to these rules regardless of any unauthorised sales going smoothly you will lose all permissions to sell and even risk your membership here being terminated.

• WHY WHY WHY
    If your account has been restricted refer to the above. We do not answer PMs or messages on the forum (that will be removed) - If you ignore these rules we ignore you.

2. kirst06

kirst06 Guest

noted thx :)

3. AtomicPink

AtomicPink Well-Known Member

Hey Wobbles

Bit confused (could be due to lack of sleep :S) about

Does that mean sellers have to state price they are looking for,not 'open to offers?'

Just wonderin' ;)

S xxxxx

4. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Basically it depends on the item ..I mean open to offers on a few clothes is obvious that they dont wanna try get round the £100 rule but phones prams ect where they could be tryin to get around it is what its trying to avoid:flower:

5. Aidan's Mummy

Aidan's Mummy Mummy to Aidan and Oliver

6. mum2b2009

mum2b2009 mummy of two boys!

i have 250 plus post and been a member for 3 months but still cant sell?? thanks

7. Julie74d

Julie74d Well-Known Member

I still can't sell either, why is this can anyone help? i've been a member for a while and have over 250 posts!!

8. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

I just did a test post from your account just fine!

test

9. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

can u advise if you pay and dont receive the item?

10. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

I would like to know this too?

11. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

Best thing to do if you have problems with buy/sell is to PM admin:)

12. sweetlullaby

sweetlullaby Well-Known Member

Thanks Wobbles!

13. loz

loz Well-Known Member

thanks x

14. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

Anybody who buys & then doesn't recieve should go through paypal & claim, Then report to wobbles or sc the sellers name & thread/item details.
    This is why wobbles says do not use gift payment as you cant claim it back.

:)

15. purpledaisy2

purpledaisy2 Mummy to a gorgeous boy

If someone sells you something and they have got proof of postage.

Do you have to wait for them to claim off the Royal Mail before they refund you?

I've had 2 parcels go away recently worth £30 :(

16. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

If paid through paypal , then paypal say no you can claim straight away i think, the seller is responsible for not sending recorded delivery. Best to check paypal rules hun it wont be down to BnB. I guess there is only so much admin can do really xx

eta .. proof of postage is nothing to paypal it has to be proof of delivery hun ..ie signed for etc

17. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Paypal will allow you to file a dispute.
    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside
    & another FYI
    https://www.paypal.com/chargeback#goto1

Royal Mail information
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=14000176&mediaId=3100011

Seller and buyer should both be alert to making sure the item posted is covered and for lower priced items make sure proof of postage is gained. Only the seller can claim with Royal Mail. Sometimes sellers are able to refund you immediately but do take into consideration that maybe the funds are not available at the point of realising a parcel is potentially lost (low income, financially challenging week/month etc) but both parties can usually happily resolve the issue privately if the right manner is used.

------------

If you are having a problem it is best to report it to me even if I do nothing. Although it may be innocent being made aware is more a positive than negative so if any patterns are noticed I may remove the selling permissions from members.

18. New2Bumps

New2Bumps Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

This has cleared a few things up, cheers :)

19. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Mummy of two

I send payment as a gift via paypal, and its now saying i can't open a dispute? is this right? iv tried to resolve this with the seller, only to be told every time, that she will send it, and this was 3 weeks ago i made payment

20. dizzyspells

dizzyspells Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx

If you have sent the payment as gifted hun you cannot raise a dispute as its a 'gift' payment.Paypal will not honour it.xx