Please share your insight/experiences....should i get a second opinion?

meek0104

DH, DD, PUPPY & EXPECTING
Reaction score
I posted this in my journal but wanted to ask here in case anyone didn't feel like reading thru the entire thing lol

i talked to my doctor last night and she basically doesn't feel like the diagnostic surgery will help me get pregnant. she states since i already had one ectopic im at risk of having another and that will be the case whether they see that my tube is damaged or not. she also states that even if they find endo, there's no better chance of me getting pregnant than if they didn't check for it. so im frustrated and basically at a standstill. she suggests that i go through my fertility doctor and do iui which im not sure how that helps if i possibly have a blocked or damaged tube. i talked with hubby last night and he thinks i should try to find a new doctor. i agree but i really don't want to have to start over, especially since i've been with my current one for so long and they know everything about me. its super stressful.

does this sound right? should i seek a second opinion?

I can see where she is coming from but surely even having information is helpful. It might not help your chances of getting pregnant again but it would help you know what direction to go in next. It might be worth going back to her and saying you see what she is saying but you really would like to anyway. She might just give in even if she doesn't change her opinion.

Thanks! I just thought that endo could be removed? And that sometimes an hsg can help to open a tube that has a small blockage? She's makes it seem as if even if they find it there is nothing they can do about it. Even though i told her about the research i did. I thought that's why people with endo get the surgery to improve odds of conceiving. I have no confirmation of endo but I didn't think a laparoscopic surgery would do much damage even if I end up not having endo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->