Please someone give me some hope ........

tink23

Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
As the days go by and I go more and more overdue I'm growing increasingly anxious about the possibility of having to go in and be induced for this boy to come out of me...

I've had my heart set on a home waterbirth since before I got pregnant...have had no problems with the pregnancy whatsoever, every check, test e.t.c has come back perfect...

But now I'm sitting here waiting for labour to start and there doesn't seem to be any sign..I've had period pains & backache every night for over a week but no progression on that..If I haven't gone into labour by the 9th I'll have to be induced which means I'll have to wave Bye Bye to my homebirth, and there's also a strong possibility I'll also wave Bye Bye to using as little pain relief as poss.

I know I shouldn't focus on it too much and have been told the more I worry/feel anxious the longer it'll take but I just can't help it :cry:

Please ladies someone give me hope cuz at the mo I feel like I'll never go into labour on my own :(

i know i'm not at your stage yet, i have 13 days until due date, but i am planning on giving birth at a midwife unit (i'll be the only one there) and using the pool and as little intervention as possible.
Obviously if i go 10 days past my due date then it'll be the hosptial for me too and i really don't want this!
Everyday my mum phones asking if there are any twinges!

Sorry i can't help you, but i'm sure you've been told all the usual things like bouncing, walking, being on all fours etc and hearing it again probably isn't helpful!

Just hang on in there, take a walk to shop and buy nice treat for youself :)

I'm on a similar boat, I have a planned c-section booked in for early friday morning if I don't go into labour naturally, it's not how I want it, but no other options, as they won't induce due to a previous c-section.

I'll be quite gutted if I don't go into labour naturally, ive been having pains for ages too, they often get painful/go into a pattern, only to fizzle out hours later. Lets hope we both get the birth we want :hugs:

I went 11 days over with my first baby, hated the idea of induction, so when I was told I was being booked in for induction on 1st march I was gutted. Jessica was due on the 17 th feb, I had no more signs than backache and the odd tummy / period crAmp here and there. The day before my induction date I woke up in labour!! I'd had a sweep done 4 days before and done lots of walking. So it can happen!!! Good luck Hun xx

just get out there and get walking till the legs fall of ya!! u still have load of time, it mite not seem like u do but u do... just like "hotpinkangle" says proves..

best of luck
xxxxx

I say walk, bounce, do some squats, have a little S-E-X, walk some more, maybe bounce and squat while having S-E-X?!?!?

Just stay positive and keep your eye on the prize, as they say!!!

Good Luck!!

dont lose hope hun you still have 9 days!! there is still time for you to go into labour naturally. plus if you do have to be induced then it doesn't necesarily mean you have to use more pain releif! i was induce with my second and managed with breathing tecniques, no pain releif at all so it can be done. people say induction is worse than natural labour but i found it to be pretty much the same if not easier than my first. i know how you are feelin tho hun i was 10 days over with my second and everyone seemed to be having there babies first lol but just think no more than 9 days and you will have your baby in your arms. chin up hun and keep positive!!

i know i'm not at your stage yet hunny , i have 12 days until due date, but i am planning on a VBA2C so therefore its very important that like you i go into labour naturally as for my consultant to agree to let me try for a vbac i also had to agree that i could not go too far over and that i will NOT be allowed any type of induction....
if i go 7- 10 days past my due date then its another csection for me :cry:

Sorry im not much help...try all the usual things like bouncing, walking, being on all fours etc sorry if im repeating what others are saying x

GL hunny x

I say walk, bounce, do some squats, have a little S-E-X, walk some more, maybe bounce and squat while having S-E-X?!?!?

Just stay positive and keep your eye on the prize, as they say!!!

Good Luck!!

:haha: I agree try it all, good luck :hugs:

Aw, funnily enough I was saying to my DH the other day how I felt bad for ladies that had their hopes on a home birth then ending up needing to totally put their plans to one side for induction... I do feel for you! Hope you get what you want :) xxx

Stay positive! You've got plenty of days until they induce and labour could start any minute. Lots of walking, bouncing and relaxing! Keep your chin up and do some cooking for the freezer to keep busy! hugs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->