please someone help.... wondering if I am having fertility problems TTC #2

Ragdoll00

Reaction score
so I have posted in a few places so I am sorry if you are reading this and is sounds familiar bc you read my problem in another section... here goes. I have an 11 month old and since he was born in December I only had 1 period which was in august and then nothing! after taking several pregnancy tests and a blood test, my doctor put me on 5 day dose of progesterone to "jumpstart my cycle" the clearblue advanced ovulation test indicates a rise in my LH and then I dtd, however then nothing happens.. no period and just a bunch of negative pregnancy tests.... if I hear one more time that it is because I breast fed I will scream because I only breast fed my son the first 4 months of his life and my supply was never very great. I am 34 years old and would like to have 2 more children however I have no clue if I am actually ovulating, and I am not sure exactly what to do. I feel like when I call the GYN they just tell me to continue to wait.. but at what point do I ask them to do more tests? and what tests should I be asking for? today I am on day 35 of my cycle. occasional cramping noted, fluctuating types of CM. and this morning BFN. please someone help?

Do you temp? I'd say to get a few cycles of temperature and opk data to confirm whether you're ovulating or not.

If you're not ovulating hopefully they'll help you sooner. If you are then at least you know it's just a matter of time, assuming getting pregnant the first time was relatively straightforward.

I also only bf for 4 months, my periods came back at some point in the first year (can't quite remember when). My milk never dried up though and blood tests showed I had high prolactin (the milk hormone). I did get pregnant naturally but it was just harder than it probably would have been otherwise.

Hi ragdoll

I just came across your post. I'm a fertility acupuncturist. Have you considered acupuncture to help regulate your cycles? I have seen it work for women who have stopped their periods after pregnancy.

I'm also TTC #2. I think it can take some women a long time to get their cycles back to normal.

Just to add I had acupuncture both times I was ttc and feel it really helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"