please someone listen to me im at my whits end

thanks for the advce everyone just gloing to read through all the posts snd respond I really appreciate it

Alejandro has BOUT 4 WET NAPPIES A DAY NOT ALL OF THEM ARE SOAKING WET TODAY HE HAS HAD ABOUT 2 WET NAPPIES HE HAS ALMOST COMPLETELY REFUSED ANYTHing sorry for the caps lol

Aw hun, Im not sure what to suggest really other than keep on at the dr??

Is he gaining weight ok? I dont think the food is helping (dont mean that harsh xx) as its then stopping him wanting milk?

Is your milk coming too fast/slow for him??

Sorry not much help am I?? But I will send hugs and hope you do manage to sort it xx

my milk sees fine it sprays a little but nothing thats not normal it doesnt take long to calm down his weight is ok it dipped quite a bt untill i introduced a meal at night for him

:hugs: Aw hun, that must be so hard for you. I know you say that paediatricians have fobbed you off with a silent reflux diagnosis, but there are a few of us on BnB whose babies have developed oral aversions because of reflux. Holly has a fairly mild case, I have to fight to get a bottle down her and trying to give her solids is a complete nightmare. Currently, the ONLY way she'll drink is to lay completely flat on her back. If I try anything else she screams blue murder. :dohh: I thought her reflux meds weren't working, but the doctor said that the way she feeds is now linked to behavioural reasons rather than medical. It is apparently common, as babies almost come to fear being fed as they think it may cause them pain. It sort of makes sense because she is definitely not in pain anymore. I don't know what to suggest other than to keep insisting on seeing your paed. I hope it gets easier for you, its really not fun for either of you x x :hugs:

Alejandro will also feed quite well if I try to breast feed him flat on his back but afte few mins he starts to get fussy again

When you are Breastfeeding, how often does he ferd and for how long? Some babies are very efficient feeders and they take what they need in a very short time. The fact that he is putting on weight well shows that he is not starving himself, he is getting his calories from somrwhere. It could still be reflux, sometimes it takes a while to find a medication that works at the right dose. It sounds as though the problem is really getting you down. Could you go back to the GP and explain how distressed you are? Do you have an OH who could go with you and back you up?

he feeds no longer than about 4 minutes

Also is he losing weight/dehydrated? If not, I wouldn't try to force feed him (ie. you said you have to 'shove' a pot of food down), if he has aversion issues then that will make it worse. Have you attempted a sippy cup for him to play with and try to hold on his own? Maybe he has no aversion to that right now.

I have tried the sippy cup he wouldnt take it :nope:

If he is only feeding a few minutes at a time, try block feeding him which is when you feed from the same breast for two or three feeds and then swap. It means they are getting to the good hind milk with all the calories and not filling up on the sweet stuff, it is also meant yo help with reflux. I now so thos with my little man who has reflux.

Aw hun, Im not sure what to suggest really other than keep on at the dr??

Is he gaining weight ok? I dont think the food is helping (dont mean that harsh xx) as its then stopping him wanting milk?

Is your milk coming too fast/slow for him??

Sorry not much help am I?? But I will send hugs and hope you do manage to sort it xx

my milk sees fine it sprays a little but nothing thats not normal it doesnt take long to calm down his weight is ok it dipped quite a bt untill i introduced a meal at night for him

Did the HV not do anything when his weight dropped? I would have thought they would :shrug:

There are some good suggestions on here, BLW might help as he might feel more 'in control' IYKWIM? The only problem with it, he probably wont eat much.

I dont know what else to suggest really but hope you do manage to get somewhere with the dr :hugs::hugs:

As a side note is he teething at all my LO went a bit off (not that bad though) when his teeth were cutting.

Oh and your litle man is adorable :hugs:

sorry you're having problems, i can relate. hayden has never been a good feeder - absolutely could not latch on to breastfeed, then when i started to express and bottle feed him the ebm, he struggled with that, too. he has never been able to take more than 1-2oz without a break. he will feed a bit, then push it out, suck his dummy for a few seconds, then feed again and so on. he doesn't enjoy his milk feeds, and now that he has really got the hang of solids would rather eat food. i recently read something on another thread here which made me look at the possibility of lip tie - similar to tongue tie, but it restricts the movement of the upper lip, making feeding difficult and possibly uncomfortable / painful. i am pretty sure this is hayden's problem, but it's not very well recognised in this country, and my hv has never seen it, and my gp kind of shrugged it off. it can be corrected with a minor op if it is causing problems, but again i think it would be difficult to get it recognised and get a referral. it just helped me to know what the problem is. may be worth looking into :shrug:

if he has a throat infection that will be putting him off his food right now, though, so don't worry about that too much. plus if he is gaining weight he's not starving himself, and is managing to get what he needs - hayden has always had good weight gain, despite his difficulties.

hope things improve soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->