Please someone put my mind to rest *updated*

oOKayOo

Reaction score
Im shaking and crying ,
ellas birthmark has been giving a funny smell for the past 3 days ( i wash her and then it comes back) i just thought it was milk that got into the bits beween her fingers ( she sucks her thumb after a bottle )
She always has a sore between one finger as thats the one thats swollen out and it cracks when it get even alittle dry. But i have been so busy i didnt really inspect and its infected as its pusy and thats what the smell was.

im going to take her to the docs tomorrow i have only just noticed it.

She wont die will she cos its infected ? She wont need to have an amputation will she ??? Im scared and i crying as she is in pain with it :cry::cry::cry:

:hug:

:hugs:

I wonder is it safe to bathe it in salty water or TCP or anything like that? I don't know if it is safe or not to use these on babies.....

:hugs: for u
:hugs: for ella

Hey chick, didnt want to read and run.

If you're that worried then take her to A&E-i would. then you'll get an instant answer. Id think they'd just clean it up and give her some antibiotics-but im not a doctor so I dont know.

Good Luck-will be thinking of you both

Donna x x

or call NHS direct. You'll prob need antibiotics or something. But i'd call them I think. Ted gets sore and smelly in his neck where milk gets in his fatty bits. But it's never got pussy. Call NHS direct adn see how urgent they'd think it was, and maybe give her some paracetamol/calpol for the pain? good luck.

Oh sweetie :hugs: :hugs:

Now listen to me, calm down nothing awful is going to happen

You can bathe it in a salt water solution or TCP solution as someone suggested, it won't do her any harm at all.
Is it weepy or is it more like a blister with pus in it?

If it is a blister type then bathing may help with the pain as it will feel quite tight to her, it may brst but if it does don't panice just keep bathing it

When you go to the doctors they will probably tell you to bathe it and keep it clean and my give her some amoxycillin

I'm sorry darling i've forgotton, how old is she? and where is her birthmark? on her finger?
If she is in pain with it you can always give her a little calpol to soothe her

Awwww hun, just stay calm dont get yourself worked up, nothing is going to happen to your princess (sorry one of your princesses) most likely a simple infection which can be treated with antibiotics. You silly moo you almost have me crying now I just want to come and give you a big cuddly hug. Honestly hun she will be fine, like the other ladies said if it seems like she is in pain give her some calpol and maybe bath it in salt water, salt water works wonders.

Im confused is the sore on her thumb?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/shnukys/Copy2ofIMG00032-1.jpg

This is her birthmark where the skin is stretched on one of the fingers, on the side where its cracked its scabbed and pusy :(

You can bathe it in a salt water solution or TCP solution as someone suggested, it won't do her any harm at all.

If it is a blister type then bathing may help with the pain as it will feel quite tight to her, it may brst but if it does don't panice just keep bathing it

When you go to the doctors they will probably tell you to bathe it and keep it clean and my give her some amoxycillin

I'm sorry darling i've forgotton, how old is she? and where is her birthmark? on her finger?

She is coming up 6 months , i have added a pic on here to give you an idea.
Its weeping alittle.
Sory if nothing makes sence im just trying to see through the tears :(

poor mite.where Teddy gets sore I slather on sudocrem - it's antiseptic and can work wonders! Worth a try?

Did they ever give you information on that birthmark? Or if it would be removed or fall off at some point?

Good luck at the doctors tomorow. Dont worry, it wont become that bad in one night to need it amputated.

She is coming up 6 months , i have added a pic on here to give you an idea.
Its weeping alittle.
Sory if nothing makes sence im just trying to see through the tears :(
Oh sweetie please don't cry :hugs:

Bathe it that is all you can do for the moment, just try and clean it out as much as you can
I wouldn't cover it as it could make it more weepy

Did they ever give you information on that birthmark? Or if it would be removed or fall off at some point?

Good luck at the doctors tomorow. Dont worry, it wont become that bad in one night to need it amputated.

No i didnt , i had to look it up myself. They just told me that it will shrink the older she gets .

So bathing it in salt water will be totally fine? As its aload of blood vessels and its opened so it will get inside? It wont do any damage??

Thanks btw :hugs:

Awwww hun, just stay calm dont get yourself worked up, nothing is going to happen to your princess (sorry one of your princesses) most likely a simple infection which can be treated with antibiotics. You silly moo you almost have me crying now I just want to come and give you a big cuddly hug. Honestly hun she will be fine, like the other ladies said if it seems like she is in pain give her some calpol and maybe bath it in salt water, salt water works wonders.

Aww :hugs: when i read this it made me burst out crying again :blush:
I just had all the visions of her in hospital cos infectoins and babies are usually serious :(

:hugs: for both of you, poor you sweetie, it'll be ok, great advice from the others darling, i think salt water too :hugs: why don't you give NHS direct a call if your still concerned. don't worry darling she'll be fine, you wasn't too know, your a wonderful mummy to your two beautiful girls :hugs: how is she now? :hugs:

:hugs: Oh Kay don't be so hard on yourself, she will be fine! I'd ring NHS Direct and see what they suggest x

:hugs: for both of you, poor you sweetie, it'll be ok, great advice from the others darling, i think salt water too :hugs: why don't you give NHS direct a call if your still concerned. don't worry darling she'll be fine, you wasn't too know, your a wonderful mummy to your two beautiful girls :hugs: how is she now? :hugs:

I just bathed it now and she was screaming her little heart out i did along with her :(
Right now she is cuddled up with me, with a bottle.my poor little girl :(

Thanks everone for the replys , i really dont know what i'd do without you lot i really dont :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->