Please someone put my mind to rest *updated*

Hiya. Marlie has the same kind of birthmark as Carly. I've joined a couple of websites that are really helpful with answers to these kinds of questions. One is https://groups.msn.com/vascularbirthmarksupport/hemangiomas1.msnw

and another one that I found really valuable because it has an "ask the experts" part (and they really do reply!) is
https://www.birthmark.org/board/index.php

I hope they can give you some more info about Carly's birthmark. I found them very helpful and know a lot more about them now.

Hugs to you and Carly. Hope she's feeling better.

:hugs: calm down hun...nothing bad is gonna happen.

See how the salted water works,salt is very good for dysenfecting.
Tomorrow(as I'm guessing it's pretty late over there) go to the doctors and have him look at it.
He'll give you some spray for it,and maybe a few cleaning advices.

:hugs:

Did they ever give you information on that birthmark? Or if it would be removed or fall off at some point?

Good luck at the doctors tomorow. Dont worry, it wont become that bad in one night to need it amputated.

:hug:

No i didnt , i had to look it up myself. They just told me that it will shrink the older she gets .

That is odd... I am kind of surprised they did not give any other options, im only saying this because of the size and im sure you know how rough young kids can be when they get up and running around, I would have thought there might be concern with it getting injured...

Good luck though! Dont worry, bathing it with epsom salts is great for killing bacteria.

aww kay reading this made me wanna cry! I can just imagine the panic you had and the worry. There really is nothing worse when something is bothering them or hurting but id try bathing it and maybe a bit of sudocrem to act as a barrier and antiseptic. Bless you, she will most probably need some antibiotics as already mentioned but this will clear up in no time. Just remember what an amazing mum you are to those 2 beautiful girls of yours and give her plenty of cuddles and she'll be fine.

It must be pregnancy hormones becauseIm bawling my eyes out. Although Little one screamed, It could be a good thing means the salt is working. I hope you both are doing better. YOUR A WONDERFUL MOMMY SHES LUCKY TO HAVE YOU

:hugs: Just read the post. Is she ok? Did you take her to the docs?

xxx

Well i went to the docters this morning, and she said there was nothing wrong with it and she is fine..
I said to her that it does bother her quite abit actaully , she cries if she bumps it, lands on it ( trying to crawl :lol: ) when it streches when she tries and picks a toy up ( althought this doesnt happen much)
She said ' she looks fine to me ' .. well of course she bloody well does she is sat up doing nothing on my lap.

She said there didnt look like an infection ( thanks to you girls for suggesting the salt soak :hugs:) as that worked :)

She did give me a slip for antibiotics if it does happen again.
Although she says as it scabs it may be a sign that its going down , which i know is bull its cos its stretched her skin so much its splitting and when it dries it gets worse. Which is what its left like now.

It wasnt my docter as i wanted to get her seen by anyone that was free today as i was freaking out :blush:

So im going for a second opioion when my docter is free.

But overall , she is fine its still looks sore but no pus.

I'm glad your getting a second opinion hope you get some proper answers x

Thats great hun, sorry for making you cry again but the more infections a baby gets in its first year makes their immune system stronger and usually little infections are not serious in babies, Dec has had tons. I should have explained that last night, sorry.
Give little Ella a big hug and tell her never to make her mummy so scared again!!! Lol
And a big hug for you to hun xx

Try Bepanthen cream to prevent scabbing and drying.It's really excellent.All the best to you and Ella.

Check out this website.....It's about strawberry birthmarks/hemangioma.

https://www.angelfire.com/wa2/hemangiomabirthmark/index.html

Dr. Francis told me she thought we should begin laser treatment immediately. She also told me that unfortunately alot of doctors are not aware that if you can catch the hemangioma before it has begun to raise off the skin there's a possibility that you can stop the growth. I was pretty angry when I heard this. If I had known this I would have started the laser treatment before my daughter's hemangioma became 1/4" raised off her skin! Dr. Francis showed me some before and after pictures of some children she had worked with and I was impressed and optimistic at this point

Glad she is a likle better hun.... keep soakin in salt water hun each day x will keep infection out of the cracks.

big hugs for ya both xxxxxxxxxx

Check out this website.....It's about strawberry birthmarks/hemangioma.

https://www.angelfire.com/wa2/hemangiomabirthmark/index.html

Dr. Francis told me she thought we should begin laser treatment immediately. She also told me that unfortunately alot of doctors are not aware that if you can catch the hemangioma before it has begun to raise off the skin there's a possibility that you can stop the growth. I was pretty angry when I heard this. If I had known this I would have started the laser treatment before my daughter's hemangioma became 1/4" raised off her skin! Dr. Francis showed me some before and after pictures of some children she had worked with and I was impressed and optimistic at this point

Thanks for that link , i never wanted laser treatment as i accepted it and knew it would dissappear in time but now that its hurting her i did suggest it and the docter wouldnt let me, same rason as i first said .. that it would go down , i just hope it wont hurt her to much :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->