• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Please take a look...

Johnskk0324

Reaction score
Hi I have a scan that I had done at 6 weeks and some days. I posted it and people kept asking if I was having twins. What do you all think? Wouldn't the ER tech have said something. Go in for scan Monday at 11 weeks and find out for sure.

Attachments

• 20161221_112634.jpg
    20161221_112634.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 37
They definitely would have told you if it was twins! No that is one baby and the yolk sac which helps sustain baby before the placenta forms :) glad all went well.

Yeah that's what I thought about the yolk sac too, that it was like a ring, but I wonder if this is just a poor image of it, was this an abdominal ultrasound? Because it does seem totally crazy the idea that they might have seen twins and not mentioned it to you...

This is transvaginal. I've had two previous pregnancies and both had halo shaped yolk sacs.

Yeah... That does seem strange. Maybe they weren't sure about viability so they didn't say there were two?
Congrats though!

I disagree the ER tech wouldn't say anything. They can list possibilities if you ask, but they aren't allowed to diagnose you. I had vanishing twin and two techs and the er doc on call made zero mention of the second sac until I asked. They did refer me to an additional scan to confirm what it was though.

My suggestion is get your ER file. You have a right to it. There may be a printing fee but usually you can get it as email. You'll see the doctor's notes and whether it was labeled yolk or a twin.

Me, personally, torn. The bottom one has got some clear budding and a head. The other I feel like I see something that looks like a head but it looks more snowman than gummy bear (if that makes sense). It honestly looks more baby than yolk to me but I'm not a gyn =\. Can you ask your regular gyn to take a look at the ER notes?

Hmm. I'd definitely ask again, but it really could be the yolk sac. Good luck!

Did the ER send your info to your doctor? That's usually what happens and your doctor would call you. I would have thought they would have called had it been twins or if there was anything out of the ordinary. All the techs I have had have told me what they are seeing, but I know that doesn't happen everywhere and I know it's not typical in an ER, so i call the doctor and ask. Good luck!

That looks like a baby and a yolk to me. All mine have looked similar in the early days.

I see her tomorrow, they switched my appointment from Monday. I will be getting an ultrasound. Update tomorrow morning

When I had this done, I didn't have an obgyn yet. I finally got my insurance figured out and will be seeing my obgyn tomorrow morning.

Curious to hear the update glad you got your doctor stuff sorted now :). I'd tom your prenatal or a post ER check up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"