Please tell me about your 12 month old's sleep!

stardust599

Reaction score
I am doing something wrong as my LO is so overtired, grumpy and waking before 5am every morning and up to 8 wakings a night with overtiredness! She can self settle and puts herself back to sleep with 10mins for every waking except the 5am one but I am soooooo tired and working 3 days a week.

Can you please share -

What time does your LO wake for the day (do they STTN?)
What time does your LO nap and how long for (one or two naps?)
What time does your LO go to bed?

Any tips - problems you've overcome?

hi

Ellie goes to bed between 7 and half 7 with a feed of 5oz
she sleeps to between 3am and 5am and takes another feed in her cot we dont pick her up then she sleeps til 7 half 7 xx

Hiya, i found Eden got so much better when she reached 12 months so hope your dd gets better at sleeping!

Eden goes to sleep between 7.30 and 8pm (any later and shes a nightmare to get to sleep and wakes in the night!)
She normally gets herself to sleep at this time,
She does STTN most of the time, the odd time she wakes and cries but shes still asleep so i leave her in her cot, give her some water and her dummy and put her seahorse lullaby thing on and she goes back off again.

she generally wakes between 7.30 and 8am.

im with u tho about overtiredness! if dd doesnt have 2 naps or 1 big nap in the day shes a nightmare! like today she woke at 8.30 then didnt nap til 4pm until 6pm and was still tired and terrible to get to sleep but she went off at 9pm,

does your dd have a dummy or a lullaby teddy/nightlight thing to soothe her? do u pick her up and stuff when she wakes? x

Sam goes to bed at 7.30pm each night, has a bottle and self settles really well.

He has STTN now and again but not consistently. Usual night is 2 wakings - one at 10-12am (difficult to settle but usually manage in 30 mins) and one at 4-6am (impossible to settle, bring him into bed). It has been getting steadily better for the last month though - STTN maybe 30% of the time, previously it was more like 2%.

He wakes for the day anytime between 6am- 8am - no pattern, just erratic. If it's 6-7am I'll bring him into our bed (if he's not there already) and try and convince him to doze for a bit (not always with success).

He is a completely inconsistent napper. Tried everything, think i'm getting somewhere, then it all changes the next week! Currently he'll usually have a 20 min nap at about noon, wake up screaming but I won't be able to get him back to sleep. He'll either than sleep on me (hasn't done this since about 5 weeks but at nearly 12 mths (tmrw!!) he's doing it again) for a bit or wake up and have another 20 min nap at 4pm ish. Naps are a nightmare! The great irony is he's just started nursery and he sleeps for TWO HOURS there every day .. you'd think I could replicate that at home but I've tried and it just won't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->