Please tell me it gets better?

mummyosborne

Reaction score
I gave birth to my son on Monday, as he was premature he is in special care and I was discharged on Tuesday. I'm really struggling to juggle seeing my son in hospital, make sure my daughter gets enough attention, expressing and trying to recover myself. I hate leaving my son after only a few hours with him, but I'm also desperate to get back to dd. she's very clingy and naughty because she's so confused by what's gong on, expressing is draining me, it's so frustrating to produce so little but for my boobs to feel so full and uncomfortable! My stitches hurt when I'm standing up for long periods, walking doesn't hurt but for some reason standing still does :s I hate going for a wee because it stings like hell, and I'm trying to keep everything clean and dry downstairs to help recovery but my time is already stretched so thin I'm struggling to find time to even shower. Please tell me it gets better soon? I'm so exaughting. I saw my son this morning, picked dd up frm nursery, did the housework whilst she undid things behind me! My oh went straight to the hospital from work so I fed, bathed and put dd to bed and now I've got to try and express again so as soon as oh gets home. Can go and get some shopping then straight to bed as I need to get dd to nursery first thing so I can head straight up to the hospital. I'm just so tired :(

Firstly, congratulations on your baby boy! Secondly, I'm sorry to state the obvious but you are doing too much. Far too much! You gave birth 3 days ago, someone should be looking after you otherwise you'll end up poorly. I think you've done amazingly to have done so much, but this has to stop for things to get any better. I think you need to enlist a little help, do you have family, friends or neighbours who could pitch in a bit? Your DD obviously needs you, could you perhaps take your DD with you to see her little brother? You could read stories and familiarise her with him so she has a better idea of what is happening. It's very upsetting for him to be in hospital and maybe she doesn't have any understanding of this but she will be picking up on your feelings, you might feel more relaxed with both of your little ones together. Maybe take a family member or friend just incase your DD finds it a bit much? Are there midwives at the hospital who could give you some info about expressing and how to make things a little easier? I'm sure there will be some advice and help there somewhere. I think you're doing such a good job, you sound so selfless and you should be proud of yourself.

Put everything else to one side, get some lavender oil and sit in ia lavender bath twice a day, your stitches will feel much better in about 3 days. If you keep making them sore there may be more issues, I had something similar and they didn't heal for ages (so sore). You could even entertain your DD while you are in there. I'm sorry if I'm not much help but I didn't want to read and run. I hope things get a little easier for you soon and that your baby is home with you soon.

Wow, you sound like supermum! :) I agree with pp is there anyone who can help you out at home? Cook some meals, do some housework, so you can concentrate more on getting better and spending time with your kids than running the house :) in regard to expressing, if your using a manual pump perhaps ask the hospital about hiring a mechanical one?

As for the stitches, take a massive handful of sudocrem and apply as thicker later as you can (the bigger the handful the less you have to touch the wound) it creates a protective barrier and helps promote healing :) I didn't have stitches but I did this for my year, put the sudocream on in the bath so it didn't hurt as much :) hope that helps!

Your doing amazingly by the sounds of things, but if you do too much you'll make yourself ill :(

I hope your son progresses quickly and you have him healthy at home soon :)

Thank you ladies! I've taken on board your advice and took it a lot easier today, my dad did the nursery runs for me and my mum got me a slow cooker to make dinner time easier, so I had a nice few hours with my little boy, got home, chucked stuff in the slow cooker, my dd was dropped off and we had a nice afternoon playing together and by the time my oh got home, dinner was done, he bathed dd and put her to bed and I've just had a nice shower and have settled down in front of the tv to express then get an early night :) also do you have any idea where I might be able to get the lavender oil from? I'm in the uk :) thank you again xxx

Sorry, i can't offer any good suggestions to you. Just dropping by to say you are doing great mummy! I definitely couldn't do it any better than you do. So well done and hang in there. Eveything is gonna worth it on the day when your little one starts offering you a smile.

Please do take it easy. You sound so rushed off your feet.

The lavender oil you can get from boots. It's called botanics lavender oil and comes in a small purple box.

I had an episiotomy 11 days ago and I am still in a lot of pain. I still have not had my son in my room as I can hardly move. On top I have a daughter with additional needs who sleeps next to me. It's been a daze. My mum stayed 10 days with me but had to leave. Ny husband is also helping and doing night shifts with baby.

Please soak yourself for at least 20mins in the bath. Hopefully it will help.

Congratulations and hope baby will be home with you soon!

Xxx

Congratulations on your new baby boy! So sorry that he can't come home yet but you really do need to take it easy and be kind to yourself right now. Having a newborn is hard enough let alone already having another child.

Do you have a double electric pump? That might make things quicker for you. And eating oats and taking fenugreek could help your supply if you don't think you are making enough.

When I went to the bathroom after birth, I took a cup of water with me and when I peed I poured the water over "down there" and it took away the stinging.

I hope you have a quick recovery and have your gorgeous boy home soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->