please tell me someones online!! HELP!!

natlee

Pregnant - 2nd trimester!
Reaction score
Iv been having contractions every 8-10 minutes now for the past 1-2 hours, i havent had a show nor have my waters gone. can this be labour without having a show or my waters going? they are pretty much like intense period pains that go around my back, i cannot sleep thru them they come every 8-10 mins and last about 30-35 seconds? any help and advice will be much appreciated as the other half has just gone to bed!!! x

It could be the start of labour. They should get longer and closer together. Labour can start without waters breaking or having a show.
Good luck

Yes! It can absolutely be labour without either a show or waters breaking yet. Despite what's shown on telly, the majority of women have their waters break after labour has become established, and it's possible you've either missed your plug coming away (quite common) or your cervix hasn't yet dilated enough to shift it :)

Keep timing them and call your MW to let her know what's going on. Be prepared that labour can slow down again and even stop, but it does sound promising :)

Yes! It could absolutely be the start of labour. Water and show can happen at any time. FOr me my water broke before I had any contractions and the show was only obvious after I had reached 3cm or so. I would definitely time the contractions and see if they start getting stronger or more regular.
Exciting!!!
xx

Oh! Forgot to mention - Call your mw!! xx

would i ring up my midwife or the labour & delivery place? they keep coming and going about every 10 minutes or so and have done now since about half one-ish, im back and for the toilet like an idiot thinking my waters and just going to go at any minute. im having tightenings in my tummy that go around to my back, im also getting like an opening feeling in my lady bits when i get the contraction .. SORRY TMI. im going to be useless when they get worse if im in pain with it now! x

I think at this time call the labour suite Hun (I know my MW are only there 9-5)

I reckon they'll advise you to take paracetemol and have a bath, as if it is real contractions they'll continue after.

I'm sooo excited for you, good luck.

I'm in Canada so it could be different here - but I rang my midwife!
I would also start walking or bouncing on a ball - it really helped my labour progress. You never know when your water will break though - or whether it will be a little trickle or a big gush LOL.
xx

I had a bath not so long back and taken two paracetamols, im using the online contraction master, should i record the contracts for half an hour and see if they are regular before ringing? or should i ring now. i thought i was prepared for this, but clearly im not!!! All of this from getting myself a birthing ball today!! x

I would ring right away and they can give you advice and a better idea of what to look out for. So excited for you!!
xx

thankyou so much. other half is upstaires snoring away, what i give to be like him he can sleep thru anything.. im bouncing away on the ball now, i hope things are beginning to start!!! x

When you had your bath, did the contractions come back quickly once you got out again?

If you've got your MW's mobile number, give her a call. It does depend on what policies your hospital has, but many MWs (inc. mine) want to be called directly once you're past 37 weeks. There should be guidelines in the front of your notes on what to do :)

You can record the contractions for half an hour if you like, but they won't mind you calling! Breathe and relax if you can :hugs:

yes once id had the bath they were still coming with the same time apart, im recording them now and ringing them in half an hour at the moment they are every lasting between 31-41 seconds and about 5mins apart using the contraction master .. but not crazily strong just like intense period pains and tightenings.x

Thats exactly how mine were - they felt like intense period pains that got stronger and more intense until I was about 7cm, then they changed. Did you call the midwife? 5min sounds like they are getting closer together! YAY!
x

im trying to record it for half and hour, i hope this is it. im not sure if im just getting used to the pain or if they arent as intense? i want to be kind of sure before i ring up, i hate phoning all the time. im taking your advice and on the birthing ball now. my nipples started leaking a little earlier they havent done until today, has that got anything to do with it? x

I don't think nipples leaking has anything to do with labour specifically. SOme peoples start leaking really early, and others (like mine) are much later - I didn't start leaking until a week after LO was born!

xx

only today i have noticed that they have leaked, everything just came on pretty much out of the blue. i havent felt any different today as soon as i got that birthing ball out and bounced on it thru watching miracle on 34th street iv been feeling like things may actually be starting! i need to try and get some sleep incase it is the start of something but its hard trying to fall asleep when they keep coming :( x

Yes - if you can sleep through the contractions and get some rest then its a good idea - you will need your strength! Did you call and find out when you should go in?
Keep us updated!
xx

contractions have slowed down abit :( .. still having them but not as often as last night, my midwife has told me to keep active and that i am to ring them back if they are coming every 5 mins lasting a minute, i think babys staying put for today :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->