Please tell me this is a growth spurt!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Aisling had started to sleep through a month or so ago and then suddenly stopped after a couple of weeks. I've seen this seems to be common enough with babies at this age so didn't think too much of it.

The last few nights though have been her worst ever :(

On Thursday she woke at

11.30pm - didn't go back to sleep til 2am
4.30am
7am

Last night

11.30pm
1.15am
4.15am
7.15am

I know this is usual for alot of people but Aisling would usually at least sleep from 8pm to between 3 and 5am and then go back down to between 7am and 8am.

She only took a small feed at the first two wakings last night, a big one at 4.15am and just a top up at 7.15am. If it was a growth spurt I'd have expected her to feed really well each time she woke?

I'm just desperately hoping it's a growth spurt and she'll go back to her old routine soon! [-o<

:hugs: Olivia went through a phase like this a few weeks ago and I assumed it was a spurt. She was waking 5-6 time a night and slowly she has dropped the extra feeds. The last week or so she has dropped to 2 feeds and the last 2 nights she has only woken for 1 :happydance:

Our 3 month and 4 month growth spurts joined together, and I had about a month of 4-6 wakings a night. I thought it would never end! He leapt from the 50th Centile to the 98th Centile. Past week however, he has fed 1-2 times a night - bliss! Some nightime ones were really little - he only ever wanted one side, and sometimes only a couple of minutes.

Don't worry, this too shall pass and you will have many nice nights sleep soon!

We've got it bad here too, although Mailie had her jabs on Thursday so not sure if it's that, we're both exhausted but she won't sleep unless she's been fed and very rarely in her swing, I barely have time or energy to get dressed lol! Hope it ends soon!

Toby is better today, after a few grumpy days after having his jabs on Tuesday. Hopefully your LO will feel better soon. He has just wanted little snacks all day!

Could be a spurt or teething. Hebe's sleep and feed pattern changes as a tooth starts cutting :)

Could be a spurt or teething. Hebe's sleep and feed pattern changes as a tooth starts cutting :)

:shock: Ooh I hope it's not a tooth, I'm nervous about bfing with teeth! :blush:

Hebe's got 6 now :) She's not a biter. I bet she's done it 3 times max and more closing her jaw than biting. The one time it actually hurt I yelped and I think it made her jump so much she's never done it since! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->