Please tell me your feeding routine

xnikkix

Reaction score
Please tell me your feeding routine as in when you switch breast and change nappy etc with newborn especially through the night. We are struggling to know if we are emptying the breast or not.... baby is 6 days new and still learning lots. Thanks

I always change Madisons nappie before she eats , and I let her fall off one breast before offering the other. I also pump after most feeds for at least 5 to 10 minutes with a double pump to ensure it gets emptied and so I have a stockpile of milk for hubby he works odd hours and takes care of her at night during the weekends so I can get some extra rest.

I used to change nappy which would wake baby up a bit more and then feed when they were more alert. Other than that I just fed on demand :)

I always change Madisons nappie before she eats , and I let her fall off one breast before offering the other. I also pump after most feeds for at least 5 to 10 minutes with a double pump to ensure it gets emptied and so I have a stockpile of milk for hubby he works odd hours and takes care of her at night during the weekends so I can get some extra rest.
Thanks for your reply! Do you burp Madison at all? How long does she roughly feed for? Wasn’t sure if to start pumping or not as I definitely feel 1 breast has a bigger supply than the other as I have an inverted nipple and have so much pain when feeding from it as it’s soo damaged....how was your little 1 going from bottle to breast?

I used to change nappy which would wake baby up a bit more and then feed when they were more alert. Other than that I just fed on demand :)
Thanks! Did you burp baby at all during feeds? And offer 2nd breast?

I burped in the day but not at night as they seemed more settled at night after feeds.
I usually just offered one side as I produced quite a lot of milk. But some do find it helpful to offer both :)

Thanks for your reply! Do you burp Madison at all? How long does she roughly feed for? Wasn’t sure if to start pumping or not as I definitely feel 1 breast has a bigger supply than the other as I have an inverted nipple and have so much pain when feeding from it as it’s soo damaged....how was your little 1 going from bottle to breast?
I burp her between breasts and after she is done . She feeds for anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes total .Madison does well with doing a combo of bottle and breast no nipple confusion at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->