Please tell me your grandma and great grandmas names

darcie

Reaction score
I've stolen this idea from the grandad thread because it had some really good unusual names. So please tell me your grandma and great grandma names x

my grandma is Josephine, my lo is named after her, my other grandmother was Gladys, and my great grandmothers were Amelia and Mildred (not sure about the others as my dad did not know his grandmother and my other grandfather who I didn't know was bought up by his aunts)

I've got a Margaret and a Jessie (was known by her middle name, Grace, though). I don't know about my husband :wacko:

My grandmas names were Cordella Gertrude & Frances

My DH grandmas are/were Mary & Pearl

My grandmothers were/are Pamela Mary and Diana Valerie. Their mothers were Nellie and Sofy (like Sophie really, but she was Swiss-Austrian). One of my grandfather's mothers was called Kathleen Fanny (eek), but I don't know about the other, as that grandpa died before I was born and my grandma remarried.

Grandmas: Judith, Carol, Susan, Constance
Great-grandmas: Ruby, Dolores

All that I know :)

My nan was called iris but everyone called her Joan and my other nan was called Marie.

My grandmother's name on my mother's side was Shirley, and her mother was Yetta (LOL).

On my father's side, my grandmother's name was Hannah. No idea what her mother's name was.

Great names! I think it's really interesting how unusual some names are x

Caroline (Carrie)
Carole-Ann

Great grandmothers:
Katherine (Kate)
Elsie

My granny's names are Mary and Bridget but everyone called her Delia. I have no idea why!
Dh's are Nancy and Marie.
My greatgrannys name that I actually remember was Catherine.

My Dad's birth mother was called Margaret, his (adoptive) mother was called Alice and my mums mother was Margaret Alice, funnily enough. Great grandmothers were Elizabeth and I don't know the others name.

Madeleine and Iris, great Nan's were Rose, Lillian, Daisy and Lucy.

My nan was called Phyllis, and my other nan was named Evelyn, my great nan's names were Annie and Lucy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->