pleease help! digi ovulation confusion!

charbarxx

Ellies Mummy and ttc #2!
Reaction score
ok ladies, so this is my first cycle using digi ovulation tests so im peeing on loads lol (im a poasa) i am cd 6 or 7 and did an ov test about an hour ago, i left it and cam back to it 3 minutes later to find a smiley face!! was very happy that i have ovulated early so i wont have to wait so long before i had to test, BUT i took the test stick out and it looked like the added pic, im sooo confused, so i did another one (had to squeeze wee out and it was clear like water) and it came out negative so i think it may be because i didnt wait long at all, so my question is, shall i take the test seriously and say iv oulated, or is this a faulty test, iv rav out of sticks now aswell and cant buy any till tomorrow so im scared that even if i did actually ovulated i may miss my surge by tomorrow so it will come up negative either way!!! please help lol has this happened to anyone before?? any feedback would be awesome!

Attachments

• ov.jpg
    ov.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 28
can you see how its just one big splodge going across the test x

you should def BD just in case!! I have always heard that you are not suppose to open them up like that because of the confusion with the smiley and the colored lines? Idk, but that would just make me crazy! I accept my smiley and get busy! Maybe keep testing a little longer incase? Best of luck to you!

oh yes definitely bd'ing lol it was so shocking to see a smiley as only stopped af 2 days ago! so strange if i am ovulating, i will test tomorrow though and if i am i hope my lh surge will still show up tomorrow! x

a smileys faces a smiley face means postive.........
take aanother tomorow with proper pee lol and it may still be postive...

:D i hope soo! very strange thoo, wonder why its a splodge like that :s ?? x

:D i hope soo! very strange thoo, wonder why its a splodge like that :s ?? x

remember could be another 36 hours till ovlation so could be a 2 days nearly so not tht soon if you look at it that way

good luck

Hi

I've been using the digis for a few months now and although we are not supposed to look at the sticks I always do!! Lol and mine often look like that whether they are smiley or not. They've been accurate smileys for me, so get Bding girl!!!!! Lol.

Maybe we pee on them too much and we drench them :haha:

Good luck xxxx

thanks hunni!! maybe i am ovulating then? because i never really use ov tests so maybe i always ov early and thats why i havnt got pg?? ooh soo excited that i dont have to wait so long this time lol maybe it could have something to do with not having af for 3 months? all coming on one cycle? lol xx

I know a woman who had sex on cd 5 while still on af and now she's 5 mo prego. You can O at any time. Get to BDing.

really? ooh maybe then, just worried about the test bit being all splodgy like that and not a dark line x

I know a woman who had sex on cd 5 while still on af and now she's 5 mo prego. You can O at any time. Get to BDing.

WOW. Her FOB must have superman sperm to make it through all that blood!! :haha:

To me that test does look like it may be faulty, so to play it safe I would BD for sure but I would also keep testing and not assume that you ovulated so you don't O later on and miss it this month. I know your not supposed to take them apart but every positive digital test stick I've seen (opk I mean) has two dark lines. Good Luck!

Just wondering, have you done a hpt? as sometimes the digi ovu tests can show up if your preg (you can have bleeding in early prg and think its a period). I know someone who found out by getting a smiley on cd6. Just wondered because cd6/7 is v.early to ovu (although i know it can happen :))

FX for you!

well iv been testing with ov digi since and just getting a circle :/ so i dont think im preg, plus i was 3 months late for af and was testing like mad before she came lol all neg, must be faulty! :( xx

It could be faulty. But I sometimes get only one smiley, it depends how quickly you ovulate after the surge :) still have some hope!!

:babydust:

I've never had a smiley face :-( What am I doing wrong?!

I've never had a smiley face :-( What am I doing wrong?!

That could mean a couple of things. What day do you start to test because it could be that you are starting too late and missing your LH surge (and ovulation). I normally start on cd6 just to be sure (last month smiley on cd 10 and im normally cd14!).
Or it could mean that you are not ovulating, in which case i would recommend seeing a doc - how long have you been using it? and TTC?
Or it could just mean that you are missing it e.g. if you only test in the morn it could be that your surge has been and gone in the afternoon (although this is unlikely).
I know you aren't supposed to look at the lines (but we all do...) so are you getting any lines? do they look as though they are getting darker? This is normally a sign for me that ov is on its way!

I hope thats some help
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"