plus size ladies - weight gain?

xheartsx

Reaction score
I'm just looking for other peoples experiences really. I'm a UK size 18, and pre pregnancy i weighed 14.2 after losing 4 stone on weight watchers. I'm 14 weeks and 2 days pregnant and i am up to 14.10 which just sounds like an awful lot, and it's quite worrying.

I would hate to put all my weight back on, but i know i should just enjoy being pregnant.

Any other bigger ladies care to comment on their weight gain during pregnancy? Thank you.

I'm bigger than you. I was about 18 stone when I fell pregnant after losing a couple of stone over christmas through being really ill. I've lost a further 11 pounds since being pregnant but I find my appetite is near non existent and I find it a struggle to eat. I love fruit at the moment so am managing to munch that down.

If you're worried have a chat to your midwife at your 16 week appointment. And try not to worry, you can always lose it when your baby is here!!

im uk 18 but 6ft 2 and have put on 4lb so far nearly 18 weeks

I've gained only 5 lbs at 14 weeks. Dr said it's normal to lose weight at first. Also said perfectly fine to only gain 15 lbs total. Lol I wish! I eat like a horse.

Haha cherry, you'll need to tell me how to add the signature!

Thanks for the info ladies, i'm really going to watch what i eat, and maybe look at aquanatel. x

I weight 198lbs the day I got my BFP, and have only gained 6lbs since then.

I spoke to my doctor about it on Wednesday. I told him I had just finished losing 20lbs when I got pregnant, and was really keen not to put 65lbs on again like I did the first time. He said it is fine if I keep my overall gain to 10-15lbs. He even said he is happy if I [carefully] continue to lose during the second trimester! I am not going to do that... I am thinking I'll just try to maintain my weight for this trimester and plan to put on about 10lbs in the last trimester.

If you eat sensibly (balanced meals), then weight gain shouldn't be too big of a problem. Also, walking is a great exercise for pregnancy, and I was told that walking a mile 4-5 times a week is an excellent exercise plan.

I gained 40 with my first and 50 wth my second. :( I am really hoping this one is closer to 30. I have gained almost 10 pounds and so I am on the right track, BUT my appetite has increased like crazy! a 1/2 snadwich doesn't cut it anymore...and my "snacks" aren't very small either.

I'm a size 16/18 210 pounds. I didn't gain anything through my 16 week appt, then dr told me I should start gaining weight soon, about 10-20lbs overall, and since then I've gained 3. I really should start watching what I eat, but for some reason, all I want these days is carbs and ice cream. It's so strange, as I don't even like sweets, go figure:)

Hello everyone

I was 15 st when I found out I was pregnant, and I've lost a stone so far (I'm 25 weeks pregnant). I'm now 14st but this is purely down to quitting drinking alcohol. I've not changed the things I eat, which is a bit naughty, but just goes to show how much weight was from drinking!

Judging from similar threads on other forums, and from talking to my midwife, everyone is different and has different circumstances, so there really isn't a "normal" weight issue to compare yourself to.

xx

With my first I was 4 stone heavier and at 17 weeks had gained 0.5lb

In total I gained 11lb by the time I gave birth

But this time I'm lighter to begin with so expected more. I'm not sure how much so far but I think it's around 9lbs already

Eeeek, but I'm starting slimming world next week to minimise any further weight gain x

I was a size 22 pre preg and i've gained 13 pounds at 28 weeks

I'm a UK 18. I had awful ms from 6-16 weeks and lost 8lbs. I've not been weighed since 16 weeks but I still fit into all my old trousers and have only gone up 1 size in tops (to a 20) because of my bump. I've not noticed any weight gain but I walk a lot so that may have something to do with it.

I think in general bigger women don't gain as much so early on because we don't need to.

I was 99kilos at booking and im 95kilos now at 17+1. I'm finally having somedays where i can eat now so sure it will start adding on soon but aiming for only a slight weight gain overall!

i was 104 kg pre pregnancy and im 26 weeks now and weigh 108kg.....have no idea where this sits on the scale but i dont look like ive put on any more weight other than on my tummy - obvs ;)

i was UK size 14 pre-preg and have gained approx 3-4lbs up to 19wks. haven't bee dieting at all, just changed my diet lol. Wanted to eat more healthy since being pg so have been very steady with the gain. Only put on 1lb in the first tri :) x

I'm a UK18 and have gained 3.5lbs so far.

I am aiming for a max of 15lbs by full term, this is what i did with my DS 9 years ago without any problems and i'm hoping i can keep to that this time round too, as it was pretty easy to lose that after he was born.

'I weighed 200 lbs the day I found out I was pregnant, at my last doctors appt I was still 200 lbs (why oh why couldn't it be 199!)

i put on 6 stone with my DD!!! (i was uk 10 pre-preg with DD) so far with this pregnancy i have put on 1.5st (uk 16 pre-preg) so think im on track for once! i do have bigger babies so think i would put on more than most women anyway. xxx

Hmmmm how do some of you ladies do it! I was 13stone 2 pre :bfp: and now 14 stone 7lbs, I've put on loads!!! I'm honestly not eating that much!

I'm going off my booking in weight @ 8 weeks of 13 stone 7lbs, so that means i've put on 14lbs so far.

I was like this with my daughter I put on 3-4 stone and never managed to lose all of it, shes 13 now! Hoping I will have more success with bfing this time and maybe lose more!

Han xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->