plus size ladies - weight gain?

I lost almost 2 stone in 2010 with slimming world, and had just managed to get into a UK size 16.
I weighed at 21+1 and I'd put on 16lbs.
I'm not really that bothered - I can feel I haven't really put on any weight other than on my ever growing bump. I have moved back up to a size 18 but that's more a comfort thing as I want my clothes to be looser.
I would love to go back to following slimming world as it's not a diet as such but a healthy way of eating, but I've found that from being an obsessive planner foodie who loved to cook, I now am super fussy, not knowing what I want until the day and can't really be bothered to cook it. I'm loving fruit at the mo so trying to eat as much as poss in an attempt to be healthy, but my newfound addiction to chocolate, and love of anything carby covered in cheese, is not helping at all!!

I am however completely determined to be as healthy as possible once baby is here, going out for lots of walks with the pram and no excuse not to do exercise DVDs in the house while the baby is sleeping. Also being at home means I'll be able to cook healthily and have no excuse to snack for convinience.
That's the plan anyway!!

I'm not really sure how I've managed it, but I have lost 1stone 12lbs since being pregnant, and I'm 21 weeks now. I definatley have it to lose, as was at my heaviest when I got pregnant - 21 stone. My Consultant and MW are both happy if I continue to lose, as long as I'm healthy and not dieting, which I'm not.

My appetite has totally changed - I can honestly say I'm really not that bothered about food anymore, and I just can't eat big meals. Eating little and often is much better for me now, which has seemed to help me to lose.

I guess I'm just lucky really. As long as you keep as healthy as you can, everyone is different and everyone's bodies will respond in different ways to pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->