Plus size pregnancy ladies

JJordaan

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Id love to hear from some plus size mamas to be. Keep in contact and share whatever we are going through.

Hiiiii. Plus size mama here.
I am now 27 weeks... Only 90 days to go! YaaaY!
I have a totally cute showing bump since 16w!!! However, I feel very heavy now. Everything I need to do seems to be a chore.
I started 250lbs and gained 12lbs.. my OBGYN is giving me a hard time about it :dohh:
Passed first glucose test with no problem, not going for the second one.

How about you?

Ahh so glad to see im not alone!
Super exciting you are almost done baking! Is this your first?

My first. Im almost 10 weeks. Weighed in 127 kgs last week at OB. Lost 2 kgs in the last month which is really funny as i have been eating all the naughty things!! I love my OB. He knows not to tangle with me about my weight. Im already down 20kgs recently before getting Pg. Im sad i cant gym. It was my go to thing. Ob wants me to take it easy considering iv lost all my previous pregnancies.

So jealous of your bump! Lol! I have to say. Irrespective of being plus size or not. I have a big swell in my abdomen already. My bottom pooch is already looking podge heehee.

hey ladies, im not currently pregnant but just wanted to say hey :D I was plus size with all of my children but especially my last child. xx

That's exactly like me... I was down 2kg at 10weeks... now than I gained.
But I realized that baby, water, placenta and extra blood weight something too. And also my boobs, my boobs are giant!!!!
I wish I knew how to post a photo! People keep saying: you are all belly... yeah right.. and than someone else says: are you near your due date? Hmmm... you cant win.

Congratulations to your first. I am a first time mama as well. :happydance: a boy mama :baby:

Hi Sethsmummy. Thanks for saying helloo. Did u have natural or c section births with your bubs? Im planning C section myself. But really nervous about big belly and having them cut me very low. Worried about healing after. Iv heard of a couple plus size caesar healing nightmares.

Ibeach , oh my soul talking of boobs. Mine feel like bowling balls already LOL. Aww congrats its a little boy! Gosh ppl are mind boggling with things they can say. Worst being plus size is the twits that assume you are pregnant and drop their lines..when indeed you arent..worst ever especially when you are TTC. Im going to embrace my belly and let it stick out this pregnancy. Im growing my miracle. So ppl can say what they like. Cant promise i wont wack them though #evilgrin.
Ps. If u are on your mobile, the posting pic icon doesnt appear on the reply section. I choose desktop version from bottom of page. Then it appears.

Hi :hi:

I'm currently pregnant with my second child and I'm around the same weight as I was when I was carrying my son. My midwife has told me I'll need another GTT and extra scan like last time but I had zero complications during my first pregnancy so fingers crossed for more of the same!

I can totally relate with the boob situation! I seriously need to invest in a good sports bra for sleeping in. Releasing the beasts before bed is awful!

Is anyone else feeling hot ALL the time? I'm in a permanent state of hot flush!

Hi! Thanks for popping by. Oh my i cant be without any bra or sports bra 24/7. Seriously hurts otherwise. We are in winter here in South Africa so im real chilly nilly. I am PRONE to hot flushes as it is. Oh my soul im going to be a hot wreck in summer during last stage of pregnancy. Ahhh!

Gtt test, is that gestational diabetes?

Yes, sorry! Glucose tolerance test.

We are mid summer here in England, currently in the high 20's and set to be back in the 30's later this week! I'm meeeelting!

I've just noticed our due dates must be only a few days appart, JJordaan!

Yes, sorry! Glucose tolerance test.

We are mid summer here in England, currently in the high 20's and set to be back in the 30's later this week! I'm meeeelting!

I've just noticed our due dates must be only a few days appart, JJordaan!

Ah yes our little jelly beans are online friends already and they don't even know it hehe.
Shame hun, heat is a whopper. My UK fam said it's been toasty lately. I hope you are drinking lots water. I hate winter and having to drink water. Yuk! Our summers here are into 30s most days..sometimes highet 30s. I am going to get a spritzing fan and live wjth it on me.

Im surprised you had a GTT so early. Did u have gest diab before? My OB hasnt mentioned it yet. I think he is still in shock from our surprise miracle making an entrance LOL

I am soooo HOT all the time. And I am sweating from places I have never thought I could sweat.

I am soooo HOT all the time. And I am sweating from places I have never thought I could sweat.

Oh my soul. Shame hun! Sending an enormous virtual AC unit your way. They dont joke about the baking a bun in oven...oven never goes off.

Same, I don't think I have ever sweat this much! I don't remember this from my first pregnancy!

High 30's?! Oh, that's waaaay too hot! You'll need to invest in a walk-in fridge! :haha:

Same, I don't think I have ever sweat this much! I don't remember this from my first pregnancy!

High 30's?! Oh, that's waaaay too hot! You'll need to invest in a walk-in fridge! :haha:

It was 40 here today. Waaaaaaah.

That’s 104 to me, I had to use a calculator!

Thank god I’m having a winter baby.

Oh wow! About the only time of year English weather is preferable! :haha: I don't think we have ever quite reached 40 here!

Same, mine is due in Febuary. I've had enough of this hot weather, bring on the winter!

Lucky girls carrying in Winter. Im having my last two trimesters in Summer. Blimey im so grateful we have a pool. Going to swan around daily!!

Lucky girls carrying in Winter. Im having my last two trimesters in Summer. Blimey im so grateful we have a pool. Going to swan around daily!!

If I had a pool, I'd have to go into it up to my neck! :winkwink:

I'm just cowering inside and taking vitamin D supplements!

Thanks be for AC.

Hi Sethsmummy. Thanks for saying helloo. Did u have natural or c section births with your bubs? Im planning C section myself. But really nervous about big belly and having them cut me very low. Worried about healing after. Iv heard of a couple plus size caesar healing nightmares.

Ibeach , oh my soul talking of boobs. Mine feel like bowling balls already LOL. Aww congrats its a little boy! Gosh ppl are mind boggling with things they can say. Worst being plus size is the twits that assume you are pregnant and drop their lines..when indeed you arent..worst ever especially when you are TTC. Im going to embrace my belly and let it stick out this pregnancy. Im growing my miracle. So ppl can say what they like. Cant promise i wont wack them though #evilgrin.
Ps. If u are on your mobile, the posting pic icon doesnt appear on the reply section. I choose desktop version from bottom of page. Then it appears.

one normal and two C-section. . I had no issues healing from either, just make sure to clean it regularly with saline and dab it dry then dry it with a hairdryer on cool! A sanitary pad or non stick dressings are also good to help soak up any sweat etc <3

Ahh great! Thanks so much for this info! A couple concerns in mind for my c section. So knowing what to expect ahead is brill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->