plz help she wont drink milk

pinktaffy

Reaction score
she just point blank refuses it:cry:.
how much milk should she be having.
is there anything i can do to get her to drink it or give her somthing instead of the milk:wacko::dohh:

Omar doesn't drink milk since I weaned him off the bottles few weeks back. I add milk to his cereals & I give him 1-2 plain yoghurt + cheese during the day. She needs a min of 12 oz of dairy. I also give him vit D as it's necessary for calcium absorption.

He also likes milk pudding, so I always prepare some & keep it in the fridge. It's the only sweet he eats. 1 serving have less than 1/2 tsp of sugar.

oh she lots of yogurts and alot of chease i thought they needed the milk she eats alot of dairy foods.

and is it just normal kids vitamin tabs i should buy?

how do u make milk pudding lol ? do u have a recip.

Round about 16oz which is a pint.

If she wont drink milk then just make sure she has yogurt, cheese, butter...anything with dairy in/on her food. Some kids just don't like drinking milk, I remember being forced to drink it as a child and it made me gag unless it was ice cold.

I bought some Organix fruit and rice desserts, as well as the Heinz fruity custard as both of those have dairy but don't have added sugar.

We haven't bothered with vitamin tablets as he eats a good mix of foods and plenty of fruit and vegetables.

she does eat loads of fruit and veg aswell. i think i was just panicing then seems noprmal for them 2 go off the milk.

her fave pudding is rice pudding ive even learnt to make my own i add alot of milk 2 it lol.

oh she lots of yogurts and alot of chease i thought they needed the milk she eats alot of dairy foods.

and is it just normal kids vitamin tabs i should buy?

how do u make milk pudding lol ? do u have a recip.

I use Pediavit D drops for babies & kids.

Yoghurt is very good alternative to milk. I asked his paed & he told me it's fine as long as he's drinking water & getting enough dairy in food.

I have 2 recipes. One is very easy:

2 cups of milk + 2 full tsps of corn flour. Mix together then boil while stirring, once it boils add 1 tbsp of sugar + 1 tsp of vanilla or 1 tbsp of orange blossom. You can serve it cold or warm. It makes around 4 servings

The other recipe is the same but you need to add 1/2 tin of nestle cream to the cold milk & corn flour, then add a piece of butter after boiling. You need to blend this one in a blender & you should serve it cold.

aww thanx omars mum i have that stuff in my kitchen i feel some cooking comming on hehe.

My eldest daughter point blank refused milk when she was 16 months (apart from in cereal) she also went off yougurts/cheese/eggs............i worried about it back then and bought fruit juice with added calcium to try and get some calcium in her diet.....but lots of other foods have calcium in

https://www.iofbonehealth.org/patie.../prevention/nutrition/calcium-rich-foods.html

(this is the first list i found when i googled)

my daughter out of that WHOLE list would only eat bread and rice and oranges LOL....by the time she was three she started drinking milk again and gradually started eating lots of different foods.

i think the main thing is that as long as your LO is getting calcium enriched foods in her diet, then dont worry about her not drinking milk.... xxx

Olivia has not had milk/a bottle since she was 5 months old, she just has healthy meals, yoghurts and fruit etc and multivitamins for babies/toddlers and she is fine, perfect weight, perfect health. She had GERD as a baby so was weaned early and just didnt tolerate milk atall even with medication so has thrived without it.

poppy doesnt drink milk either, like others have said, she gets quite a bit of cheese and a large yoghurt every day!

i thought it was somthing they still had 2 have ive been worrying sick over it lol.
feel kinda silly now as shes getting all the goodness she needed after all lol.
thanx everyone u have made me feel so much better now xxx

Thomas has only recently started drinking milk. He would never drink it when he was younger, only in cereal. I even tried giving him hot chocolate which he also refused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->