• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

PMDD symptoms during the TWW

Bbari2018

Reaction score
I believe I have PMDD because of my uncontrollable mood swings before AF (confirmed by my OBGYN a few years back). The only thing that has helped me was CBT... I've been crazy-moodswingless for the last 8 months or so.

However, For the last week or so I've been a raging monster. The best of news only temporarily lifts my spirits, and for the most part I've been a snappy b*.

I'm 11dpo and AF is due in 4 days. There was also a stressful event about 4dpo (stress lingered for about 5 days).

Could this be a sign of BFP? Or is it more likely because of the stress?

Also, can anyone with PMDD share how their usual PMDD symptoms changed during the TWW (with a BFP)?

Thank you!

I have PMDD! Confirmed by OBGYN. Just got Bpf. Will respond in more detail later today....

Thank you! I don't want to burst your bubble, but for me, not having much PMDD ended up being a good sign. But everyone is different! Before we started trying, I was suspicious that PMDD would go away with pregnancy, because I heard from another person that that was the case. So I was HYPER focused on my moods. It didn't end up being too helpful though, because the first two months I WAS SURE I was pregnant, and I was definitely not pregnant. The month I was, I wasn't sure at all. I was a little moody during that time, but that was mainly because we were moving. Most PMS symptoms stayed away. I am gonna post this in the other thread with with symptoms, but I thought I'd also post it here in case it helps at all. Everyone is different though! Good luck, and keep me posted!!

CYCLE 1

O Day-- Exhausted. Grumpy. Sad. A little hopeless about sleep. Wondering if I'll ever sleep again. Ovary aches.
1 DPO-- Feel really good, despite little sleep, no physical symptoms. High Cervix. Mild sore throat.
2 DPO -- Somewhat sore bbs, very good mood, not irritable, depressed, or anxious! So that's good. Still mild sore throat. Thirsty.
3 DPO -- No more sore throat. A little tired, but not depressed / anxious / stressed. Took two naps. Still slightly sensitive bbs. Mild back pain towards pm.
4 DPO -- still great mood. Productive. No real physical symptoms. Took brief nap. Ran 6 miles in 58 mins, great time for me!
5DPO-- Extremely tired. All day. Not sure if related or due to the insomnia. Woke up with stomach ache and sore abs. Didn't last the whole day. Felt a little ill all day. Started to get depressed towards the late evening, even teary. Feeling hopeless and wondering if this is the start of PMDD. Less appetite than usual. Food tastes sub par.
6 DPO -- Good mood, no physical symptoms
7 DPO -- Not so good, didn't sleep at all, no physical symptoms, talked to OBGYN about going back on sleep meds.
8 DPO -- So far so good. Decent sleep. Light brown discharge when wiping at lunch time. Very constipated. Good mood. Vivid dreams.
9 DPO -- Tired, weepy, Emotional, napped HARD
10 DPO -- Slept great. Woke up at 9! Boobs hurt. Never had boob pain before.... Napped. Irritable. AF arrived by PM :(

CYCLE 2

O DAY — Extremely overwhelmed and weepy. Found out we are moving in a month. Insomnia.
1 DPO — Slept well. Upped sleeping med dosage. Feeling much more calm about move. Constipated due to med change. Extremely hungry after running 7 miles.
2 DPO - Woke up with blood in my nose (uncommon). Extremely irritable. Depressed. Overwhelmed. Lots of white CM in underwear. Feels like PMDD.
3 DPO - Extremely depressed. Lots of CM in underwear. Feeling overwhelmed and hopeless. Think PMDD is in full bloom.
4 DPO — Tired, but by the afternoon I felt great. Went for 6 mile run in 51:20. LOTS of white CM in underwear. White, creamy, stretchy, a little tacky. Vaguely sore BBs. Felt a very brief back cramp. Lower right side. Shoulders ache.
5 DPO — Constipated, TERRIBLE GAS. Some cramping. Can’t be sure if boobs are sore or not. Very hungry. Insomnia.
6 DPO - No physical symptoms, travel day. Excited for vacation! Insomnia.
7 DPO — Backache, cramp + diarrhea, gas in the pm, boobs are feelings things. Still great mood. Starting to get suspicious. Insomnia.
8 DPO — Lots of physical symptoms, sore bbs, stomach twinges. Cold. A little irritable. NERVOUS…Something makes me think this might be it. Insomnia.
9 — Great mood. Another night of insomnia. Lots of physical symptoms (sore BBs, stomach twinges). Constipated. Back ache. Excited for tomorrow!
10 DPO — AF arrived on time first thing AM. Confused! And sad :( Irritable. Hopeless.

CYCLE 3, Wasn’t Trying Because We We’re Moving (Didn’t use OPKS, assuming ovulation day same as Cycle 2)

1 DPO —Slept well, woke up very bloated, mood okay. BBs are not sore (different from last month). Not very big appetite. A little drowsy.
2 DPO -- Great mood all day, horrible stomach ache after lunch (most likely because I had soy bean pasta, prunes, and veggie shake for lunch). Worst gas of my life. No boob feels. No CM in underwear (different from last month)
3 DPO -- Generally bad mood. Traffic was terrible. Bloated and gas. No boob feels. No CM again. Tired. Ready for move to be over!
4 DPO -- Nothing noted because so distracted by move.
5 DPO -- Bloody nose, drowsy, took nap, good mood, a little weepy but happy weepy, right ovary aches briefly in pm
6 DPO -- Not much noted because so distracted with move. Slept terribly. Good mood.
7 DPO -- Moving day!! Woke up with stuffy nose and slightly sore throat. Think I may be coming down with something. … By the time I got on the road physically and emotionally exhausted. Before I left, ran a 7:50 mile at 0 incline and was completely out of breath, felt heavy and out of shape, even though I'm in great shape. Need water constantly. Had to drive 8 hours. Was very tired on the road driving and had trouble keeping eyes open. Almost fell asleep on the road (yikes!). Never been that drowsy while driving before. Took lots of breaks. Felt like hell when I got the hotel.
8 DPO — Drove 8 hours again. Almost fell asleep driving again. Scary, never been this tired driving before. Had to stop every hour to take breaks. All food tastes so good. Even Taco Bell. Exhausted before bed. NO BACK PAIN or physical symptoms though.
9 DPO — Finally slept in and woke up in new home!! YAY!! Great mood. Absolutely NO back pain even though I just moved. I have never NOT threw my back out while moving. Thought AF came and ran to bathroom, but just wet underwear (sorry TMI!!)
10 DPO (AF DUE) — Woke up with nothing, surprised. �� Went out for coffee and while I was drinking coffee a big puddle of drool fell out of my mouth and onto the coffee in front of people!! WTF! That is when I knew I could be pregnant. Slowly walked home. Took two tests. BPF!

Confirmed at doctor at 14 dpo. Awaiting 7 week scan in two weeks!

Margeandmom, thanks so much for the details! I also heard that PMDD symptoms decrease during pregnancy, so I was also very much focused on how my mood changed throughout the tww.

It definitely sounds like you had a ridiculous tww.. driving 8 hours?! I guess what they say is true, that it happens when you least expect it.

As for me, I had a BFN at the OBGYN's office yesterday (10dpo), but tried POAS today just for the hell of it, and a faint line appeared! I guess even regardless of PMDD, everyone's body reacts differently. It's good to know I had a reason for becoming so crazy.

Thank you again for sharing your experience<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"