PMS like cramping + pressure?

missielibra

Reaction score
It happens mostly at night I find, when I'm laying down but... here goes.
I feel a lot of pms like cramping and then sometimes, a sort of pressure in my pelvic area (I don't know how to describe it...)

Am I the only one? Anything I should be worried about?

It's perfectly normal, just bubs settling in and your body getting ready for change. It's only a worry if extremely painful or with bleeding xx

It's not extremely painful, just a little... uncomfortable? at times. And no bleeding!
Thank you, it makes me feel better to know it's normal

I’ve had it a lot, seems to have settled down a bit now.
Mine has been mostly trapped wind, i was in excruciating pain with cramping and stabbing pains the other night. I find a hot water bottle helps xx

I have it all the time! It's a good thing I live in yoga pants because any pressure on my tummy hurts not bad just uncomfortable. I've had it with all but 2 pregnancies so very much normal!

To be honest, I was so convinced with my first son that my period was coming, because of the period like cramps, I was saying to my other half how silly it was for me to take a pregnancy test. BFP, and the cramping calmed down after a week.

It could easily also be to do with being gassy, constipation etc. as this is common too.

Gotta think your uterus is growing, even early on!

Thank you ladies. :hugs:
I'm hoping that if I'm lucky enough to have more than one child, I won't be as paranoid about every little thing next time... (ahah... who am I kidding!) I'm really afraid to have my little bean slip away from me...

Lil_Gem, I had not considered a hot water bottle. I have been trying to avoid anything too cold or too hot, because I'm like, oh god what if it does something bad to the little bean?

Yes. I'm crazy, haha

Its completely normal to have PMS cramping, pressure & belly/back ache as long as not accompanied by bleeding (spotting seems to be also common for early pregnancy although I didnt have spotting)

As for hot & cold, I also read that anything too hot is not good, so better avoid hot baths, sauna etc. I didnt take a warm bath until I was 9 weeks, and still do not take very hot bath or shower till now. If you can manage, better not take anything for the cramps etc unless they are very strong.

Hang in there hun, stress and all sorts of discomfort during 1st trimester are so real, but take one day at a time. Before you know, it will be over.

I'm hoping that if I'm lucky enough to have more than one child, I won't be as paranoid about every little thing next time... (ahah... who am I kidding!) I'm really afraid to have my little bean slip away from me...

Lil_Gem, I had not considered a hot water bottle. I have been trying to avoid anything too cold or too hot, because I'm like, oh god what if it does something bad to the little bean?

Yes. I'm crazy, haha

Yes. I'm crazy, haha

I think I’m more paranoid the second time around! Haha!
But I think that’s probably because I know this will likely be our last child. I don’t think my partner wants more than two!

Pregnancy is weird on your body, especially the first three months! Then it feels a bit more normal again (but rounder and more wiggles in your belly hehe)

Period symptoms are so normal ... if the pains are extreme just give your MW a call, it's what they are there for x

Hot water bottles are actually perfectly safe to use in pregnancy as they are small so they dont raise your core body temperature. Saunas etc are not safe though as they raise the body’s temperature which is dangerous to the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->