PND and getting pregnant again - a silly idea?

A

asacia

Just wondered what your thoughts were.

OH is very keen to have another baby (for quite complicated reasons, but the sooner the better).

I only had the baby 6 days ago, but its looking like I might have PND. I've got a history of mental health problems, and I was at high risk of PND and it seems to be heading towards that.

Would it be really stupid to get pregnant again? I was really well during pregnancy - would it help again, or would I just be depressed, pregnant and struggling with a newborn?

Personally, if it were me, i'd wait. Get yourself better first, give your body a rest too and get to know your new baby.... THEN consider having another baby.

i agree, make sure YOU are happy and enjoythe little one you have, just because 1 preg was stress free/happy doesn't mean that every pregnancy will be the same. if you do have pnd then you could be on tablets, which you will have to make sure are ok to take when preg.

xXx

I don't know if I can have another go at medication. There isn't much that can be taken with breastfeeding, and I've had such bad experiences with antidepressants in the past. Shame there isn't any help other than medication on offer :(

Its just such a hard situation. I know it'd be silly to get pregnant again, especially seeing as I had hyperemisis, SPD and pre-eclampsia. Chances are I'd have them again, a newborn to cope with and possibly still be depressed. OH really wants another baby though :-(

Its just such a hard situation. I know it'd be silly to get pregnant again, especially seeing as I had hyperemisis, SPD and pre-eclampsia. Chances are I'd have them again, a newborn to cope with and possibly still be depressed. OH really wants another baby though :-(

I think you've answered your own question there. And it's not as if you're saying that you'll NEVER have another baby... but it's VERY early right now. I'm sure your OH will understand you wanting to wait a little.

Don't do it just because your OH wants to.
I know its never that simple, but frankly, ask your doctor what they think! Your body needs time to recoup!
LOL, besides, I've got a four month old, and just got a positive pregnancy test, and you know what, it sucks because I am so tired. I wish it hadn't happened so soon.

I would say - better wait.

I recovered after my PND before TTC nr2, but I had a terrible morning sickness with both of my pregnancies (I am pregnant now) and I have to say - looking after one child one you have morning sickness is a nightmare. Especially if you have PND.

First 10 weeks of this pregnancy I just wanted to curl up in a ball and die. Every single day. I felt worse then when I actually had PND.

It is a bit better now, but still, it is hard.

And you really need your body to recover :hug:

I have PND and at the moment am having a tough time trying to find the right medication. I would love another baby now and think i could cope BUT i am waiting. my tablets were changed last friday and they didnt agree with me at all and i had the worst weekend ever. i cried constantly and couldnt cope. I went back to my doctor on monday and he gave me some tablets and has given me prozac to start on saturday. I am glad i am not ttc at the moment but if i got pregnant i would be happy. it wouldn't be ideal though. you are better off to wait until you feel ok in yourself hun xx

I don't know if I can have another go at medication. There isn't much that can be taken with breastfeeding, and I've had such bad experiences with antidepressants in the past. Shame there isn't any help other than medication on offer :(

i had spd/pgp with 1st preg and this preg too and it's hard. it's so hard. my son is 3 and spends so much time away from home because i physically can'tget up/down/bend to change his bum/shower him etc etc and he's 3 so can help with getting himself dressed etc and feeding himself. i'd hate to struggle with a newborn and spd - getting up for night time feeds, all the bum changing, bathing, feeding/making bottles, carrying them around gosh it'd be hard hard hard and not as easy as with eg. my 3year old to just pass on to afamily member (granparents in my case) as newborns really do need their mummys and routines and more hands on care. not just that but you will have another person to think of, it wont be like the 1st when if you are sore you can take it easy/lie down etc because it doesn'twork like that.

reguardless of what otherissues you have right now re: pnd justthe spd/pgp alone i would say wait, wait till your child is atleast a bit independant. i had spd/pgp from around 11 weeks with this preg, so it isn't like it'd just be a hassell towards end of preg kwim? they do say that spd/pgp is worse and comes on sooner the more pregnancies you have :(

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"