pnd - antidepressants?

Discussion in 'Your Health & Wellbeing' started by Rhio92, May 31, 2011.

1. Rhio92

Rhio92 Connor, Saskia, OH & Me

I saw my GP the other day, and she thinks I have PND :sad1: After she said it, she went through her medical book thing, looking for antidepressants safe to taking whilst BFing. I dont want to be on them! I told her that, and she didn't seem too impressed. She didn't seem too happy about me saying I felt depressed tbh, this is a doctor who I normally get on with!
    What should I do? Can they offer counselling, or cbt or something? I feel I need something, but really dnt want meds, the reason being I've been on prozac before, it was awful and I never want to take those things again.

2. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

You can have counselling and cbt I do instead of anti depressants I also take honeoathic treatments do you gave a women's centre? If you do they do free counselling and the waits only a couple if weeks they also do cbt to as well as courses for pnd anxiety and confidence ours has a free crèche to x