PND or normal to feel this way?

klcuk3

Mummy to two Munchkins
Reaction score
My DD2 is 4 weeks old now and I've had regular visits from a CPN as I had bad PND after my first and was on meds for 10 months.

I generally feel much different to last time but also I find myself crying at some point most days. Yesterday I felt really low and spent the whole day crying.

I find the days I have both girls on my own are very daunting and overwhelming. I cope with them both as you have to but I'm completely drained by the end of the day.

My CPN has suggested I should seriously consider taking meds again.

I know these newborn weeks are hard and I don't know whether to try and ride it out or are the crying/overwhelming feelings quite common for other mums too?

I think it's normal!! I cry sometimes too but not all day everyday. Some days are better than others but its all part of normal newborn days and 2 kids lol. I say wait it out. But it depends on how bad u really feel...I don't have experience with Pnd so I can't say but from what u describe I say u are just overwhelmed, like most of us are anyway!

only you can truly tell how you're feeling, if you've had it before do you remember your symptoms? are you feeling the same now or just feeling overwhelmed by the life change? I couldn't see how it would ever get better but it eventually did, slowly but surely. Maybe speak to your dr if you're worried and meantime get as much help as you can, call in some favours, speak to oh about it, get someone to take your toddler for a while so you can have time with baby/and or a rest.
I've suffered with depression a long time and was depressed during my pregnancy but after lo was born although I was in a state of very high anxiety and stress I wasn't depressed. It feels like something stops me getting too down, like when I was on Prozac but i'm not taking anything, I think bf has something to do with it.
I cried a lot after lo was born, I couldn't cope with it all and was just a wreck for the first couple of months, i'd cry at the slightest thing and it lasted a while then gradually I cried less and then it stopped, so i'm putting it down to hormones, although as I said, I knew I wasn't depressed.

I'm a first time mom and i was surprised by how I felt, not sure if I had PND but I was and still am to some degree, highly anxious & overwhelmed! My lo is almost 3 months but for the first 8 weeks I was scared of being alone and not being able to cope, I'd overly worry about every little thing I was totally irrational! I cried most days on and off but I had great support from my mom and friends and it did pass, although i still worry it's nowhere near as bad! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->