PND?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by tiggertea, Apr 17, 2009.

1. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

Not entirely convinced I can chalk up my "symptoms" to baby blues anymore. :cry:

Hubby and Mum both reckon I need to talk to the doc about it (have a history of depression anyway), but I don't want to go and have already self-diagnosed and it turn out i'm being stupid.

not entirely sure what response i'm after here... just needed to write it down somewhere.... :blush:

2. KatienSam

KatienSam Mummy to Ella & Faith <3

im going to see my health visitor about it too hun as i have been feeling a bit crap, dont feel silly if its not PND its always best to get it checked out and nip it in the bud xxx

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

:hugs: Doctors are soooooo understanding x

4. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

My Baby Blues turned into PND and i went up the docs and am now on anti-d's, hope you feel better soon xx

5. Katiex

Katiex Mummy to Jacob and WTT

i would speak to your doctor or health visitor that is what they are there for and they will understand, you may feel so much better for it.

i feel crap sometimes, as im having real difficulty getting my head around my 3rd degree tear and thinking of speaking to my health visitor about it as although my husband and mum understand they arnt the same as someone who knows about these things.

hope your ok :hugs:

6. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

thanks ladies.

i'm thinking of maybe calling the doc on monday. can't really hurt to ask about these things i guess....

7. Gwizz

Gwizz Boys Rule!

I also dont know whether to go/say something. Part of me thinks 'it'll get better soon and go away' but im unsure. Due for my 6 week check so will probably flag it up then. Just wanna send my support.

:hug: for us all

xxx

8. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

It cant hurt to talk to the docs if youre feeling out of sorts girls, its the best thing i did after a long time of thinking ' it will go away ' xxx

9. Shifter

Shifter Guest

You mustn't feel silly for asking about it ladies. If it's not PND then no harm done, but if it is you get the help you need. I mentioned to my HV last time that I was having trouble getting over what happened with Jack's birth and she told me to mention it at my 6 week check if it was still bothering me. I wish I'd been a bit more firm about my feelings though as I don't want to wait another three weeks, especially as other worries are piling up a bit :dohh:

10. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

I wish you good luck. I had PND with my son.

11. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

Thanks ladies!
    I have my 6 week check with the consultant next Tues (i.e. 8 days away) but my GP said last week when I was on to her about Abbie's antibiotic that she'd be sending for me too so think i'll mention it to whoever I see first.
    Thanks for all the support.

Hol - can you call your HV again?

12. Shifter

Shifter Guest

HV just been and I mentioned it again. Trouble is, I'm up and down and when the sun is shining through the window and Jack is cooing adorably on my lap it's hard to say "I feel really depressed" :rofl:

But we did talk about it and she said to see my GP if I ever feel like it's too much and said lots of reassuring things about how I am with Jack :cloud9:

Debz - I hope you get to talk to someone soon :hugs:

13. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

exactly! :)

14. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

update: Doctor on Friday Morning.

15. shampain

shampain Mum to Patrick! :-)

I felt the same, couldnt shake the "baby blues" and it was getting on for 6-8 weeks after birth...felt depressed and fed up and stuck etc...i called HV and she came round and after weeks of going "im fine" when people asked for the first time i said "i feel rubbish..." and poured my heart out to her...there were tears etc but it was all i needed...i just needed to tell someone how i was feeling and then slowly i started to feel better.I still have off days but nothing like i used to. She was like therapy for me. It does you the world of good to just pour it out hun xx

16. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Glad to hear it hun :hugs:

17. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

What has been happening Debz? Teary and stuff? Are you anxious?

Speak to the doc hun, hope you are ok :hugs: :friends:

18. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

I been teary constantly and feeling panicky and completely out of my depth, to the extent that i dread being left on my own with Abs :(
    I've been distancing myself from hubby too - it's not fair on him really.

It's hard to even say all the different emotions i been having coz i'm having a pretty good day today :confused:

19. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

Sounds like PND to me hun, nothing to be ashamed about, lots of people I know felt like that :hugs: it will get better hun its just a massive change for you and overwhelmin, hope the doc can help :friends: xx

20. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two