PND

wantingagirl

Reaction score
This is my 4th child, well one is my SS 3 of my own. Im on anti-depressants and its been a hard and unexpected process but things will get better day by day hopefully. is anyone going through this, nice to speak to people the that understand. the last nearly 4 weeks have been hell xx

Sending you massive hugs :hugs:

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time. I'm not going through it now but I did have PPD with my son, I then had a relapse into depression after being off AD's for less than a year. I've now been off them for 4.5 months.

Do you have support at home?

You're right that things will get better even on the days when it doesn't feel like they will :hugs: xx

I have PND too, I'm nearly on my fourth week of AD an I do feel much better, not 100% but alot better than I was, its a dark place to be in and you need to try your best to think it will get better, and eventually you'll be yourself again, that's what's helping me. My main symptom was negative thoughts about everything and feeling guilty for nothing but I got a self help book for CBT training, I haven't rea much but I'm hoping this will help too as I can't get any councilling x

I'm not sure if I have PND. I don't feel right though. Like I can't be bothered with anything. My house is clean and tidy, my baby is happy and I'm always showered, dressed and usually wear make up but I feel like I'm just pretending to be normal. My son is 12 weeks old and is such a lovely baby, I've bonded really well with him but I feel like I don't care about anything or anyone else. Although I'm back to pre baby weight and exercising, I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I have zero appetite and zero libido!

People keep telling me this is normal though and that I'm just adjusting to a huge life change... Except I feel I have adjusted. I don't grieve my old life anymore and I love my son more and more each day. I just feel empty.. I'm moody and sad which is not like me at all..

I'm not sure if I have PND. I don't feel right though. Like I can't be bothered with anything. My house is clean and tidy, my baby is happy and I'm always showered, dressed and usually wear make up but I feel like I'm just pretending to be normal. My son is 12 weeks old and is such a lovely baby, I've bonded really well with him but I feel like I don't care about anything or anyone else. Although I'm back to pre baby weight and exercising, I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I have zero appetite and zero libido!

People keep telling me this is normal though and that I'm just adjusting to a huge life change... Except I feel I have adjusted. I don't grieve my old life anymore and I love my son more and more each day. I just feel empty.. I'm moody and sad which is not like me at all..
It sounds like you may have PND, there's so many factors that contribute, it's a strange thing I would visit your gp or hv just to have a chat, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->