Pointless Proud Mommy Post! And a question about water.

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by yourstruly10, Jun 5, 2011.

1. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies. Ava learned how to drink through a straw today!!!! Every time I watch her drink out of her new straw sippy cup I get so giddy and excited lol. It feels so silly to be so excited but I cant help it.

DH, Ava and I went for breakfast this morning and I offered her the straw from my glass of water and usually she will just bite it but today she actually figured out how to suck so after breakfast I immediately bought her a sippy cup with a straw and she loves it. She loves water so its great that she can now get some when she wants it.

Is it ok to let her have the water whenever she wants or should I limit it to meal times?

https://i52.tinypic.com/2cgzk3p.jpg

2. shimmy

shimmy mummy , daddy and baby

Awww that's lovely. Such a cute pic too x

3. PrincessJenna

PrincessJenna Well-Known Member

Well done Ava....... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

4. yourstruly10

I am so proud. I flet like she was falling behind in the small stuff like clapping ect and advancing only in the big stuff(crawling, cruising ect. Is nice to see her learn the small stuff too.

5. Jellycat

Jellycat Well-Known Member

That's great! Clever girl !

Personally I think it's fine for her to have water when she chooses not just Neal times. I find my lo only takes it when he wants it and is a good habit to get into.

6. peanut56

peanut56 Mom to Hana & pregnant!

Yay Ava!!
    Hana learned today too! Well, she's been able to drink from a straw for a little while now, but she learned today how to actually hold the cup and drink from it at the same time. Big day!
    Also, I think it's okay to give it to her whenever, and not just at meal times. :)

7. yourstruly10

Thanks ladies good to know. Shebloves water. She hates juice though. I suppose that's a good thing.

8. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

Clara had trouble with sippy cups so I tried her with a straw cup a few weeks ago and she figured it out right away. I think they're easier than sippy cups by the sounds of it. I let her have water throughout the day and she usually drinks between 3-6oz (including what she has at meals).