Pointless really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-dannielle

Reaction score
Im just quite annoyed at the moment....probably sounds bit pathetic to everyone tho now im writing it...

my OH's mum and dad have only seen sienna twice since shes been born (10months old she is) they was coming down yesterday to see her and exchange xmas presents but coz of the snowthey couldnt so she posted instead..

She got me and OH a wii...(VERY shocked about as she doesnt even like me and even though is loaded is quite tight!) and me some earings as her dog chewed and ate my last pair at her house lol
they got sienna a first xmas card (which is all i wanted really) and personalized a stocking for her which is so lovely! a few clothes and a 100pound check!

i know its not all about money but i was so chocked as when LO was couple months old she said she didnt want nout to do with her anyways...

my mum whom i live with has got sienna a outfit...i really wanted her to get LO a first xmas card..there only like 89p from card shop and she made a big deal out of it saying i was ungreatful and said some hurtful things about me, saying im such a horrible person, god help my child if she turns out like me ect....all over a card?

sorry girls just a xmas rant but i surpose i do proably sound pathetic over this...urghhh ignore this lol x

So your mum has basically made shag all effort when the in-laws have gone all out? Maybe she feels jealous like she can't compete with them?

Yeah maybe she sees it as well why bother I cant outdo them anyway

Having said that my Mum got aidan an outfit and I was fine with that she did alot for me when I lived with her and he has too many toys already anyway. My sister spoilt him though but I dont really look at it like ooh she got more than her for aidan. I am just very thankful for the gifts he recives

I guess I'm trying to say I would be happy but hey thats me. Just hope you have a good christmas :hugs:
xx

Your mum made a huge deal about 89p? wtf.

It's nice that your inlaws made the effort I suppose but do you not feel like they're trying to buy you instead of spending time with you? I had a grandad who I NEVER saw and he used to send me a cheque every bday and xmas in a card. My mum would cash it for me but when I turned 18 I decided I wouldn't cash it because I didn't want his £.

hmm maybe...thing is she knows im not a material person...i think i just felt a little let down that people that barely know/see my daughter bothered a hell of a lot more..and all i wanted of my mother was a card for my daughter?...then again maybe the inlaws bothered more coz they feel guilty bout not seeing LO :S x

just to say im not bothered about the money or who spent more its more of memorible things like a card that i would keep forever as its her first. x

Yeah maybe they do feel gulity so are trying to fill that void

But yeah a card for 89p she really shouldnt have an issue with that. (yoru mum not you lol)
xx

It sounds just like my mum and MIL... on my birthday last year my mum got me sod all but then my MIL brought me a new mobile phone (an expensive one)... my mum said god i wish she wouldnt do that... but my mum never makes an effort... i mean never! she gave my kids £10 for xmas she just shoves it at me i said cant u put it in a card for them and she said its a waste of money lol...

At least she made some effort, unless you specifically asked for her to get this card then i dont think you can get in a piss with her over it, its just a piece of paper at the end of the day, so what if the inlaws got her one, pieces of card wont count when she's grown up and cant tell this nanny from that nanny iykiwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"