Pointless supermarket announcements

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Harveysmum369, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Harveysmum369

Harveysmum369 Mrs Christmas

Anyone else heard any pointless announcements?
    I was in asda yesterday and at the end of the announcement the woman went 'dont forget next friday is Christmas Day' :wacko:
    Im sure glad she told me because I think I would have missed that one if she hadnt told me...lol
    Donna.xxx

2. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

I think thats for people like me. I kept telling hubby its xmas day on wednesday doh!

3. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

:rofl: thats funny! ours is the most annoying camp gibbering man who cant shut up :lol:
    he annouces the same thing every 5mins about the offers that are right on the door as soon as you walk in cant miss em :rofl::wacko:

4. ChloesMummy

ChloesMummy Well-Known Member

Somebody told me the wrong date the other day and I was convinced xmas was on Tues, I even told OH, we have been convinced for days ony realised last night :rofl:

I think it's the Asda back at my parents that makes the anouncement then repeats it, then says it in Polish and repeats it, something like every 15 mins :wacko:

5. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

oh i hate those announcments aswell cos my 3 year old ALWAYS says "mummy what did that man/woman say" and i then have to go through what they said and if i get a word wrong she knows and says no they didnt they said blah blah blah :growlmad:

so now i say they said could all little girls in this store today not talk until they get outside and sit in the trolly without moving :haha:

doesnt work tho she just laughs at me :dohh:

6. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

just as well you told me! i was wondering what all the fuss was about!

7. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

:lol: I never hear announcements in my supermarket. Except the occasional "This is an amber call for checkout staff" or something which means more people need to get their bums on tills xx