POLL: How long until you conceived? For ages 31-35

ashley2pink

Mom to 4 girls
Reaction score
I am 33 (almost 34) and this is my 6th cycle TTC baby #4. My first 3 kids were conceived right away and I am beginning to worry! Please only take this poll if you are between 31-35 as I'm curious if its just my age causing this and want to see how long similarly aged women took to get pregnant.
I am a little annoyed at myself for waiting so long to start TTC #4. We started trying 1 month before my youngest turned 6.

Leave comments with more info. on your path to get getting pregnant if you would like! Any meds or things that helped you conceive! Your exact age and all that ;)

Maybe you should post this in one of the pregnancy parts of the forum? Xx

DS2 was born when I was 33 and took 17 months to conceive (DS1 took 16 months and I was 30 when he was born).
I have PCOS though which obviously made a difference. I needed clomid the first time but not the second so in a way it was easier the second time.

We are still trying so I can't vote on your poll. It's been 17 months so far, we have become pregnant eleven times but all chemicals. I'm 34, 35 in March.
However, I expelled a polyp and was told these act like an IUD, so this clearly hasn't helped in our efforts. I was also certain I was low on progesterone but they screwed up my bloods before I started using pessaries, so I don't know what my levels were beforehand, but they were just higher than average a couple of weeks ago at 9dpo. A scan revealed my lining is too thin at 5mm when it should be at least 7-10mm thick, so I'm currently trying to figure out whether I have used too much progesterone and this is causing my lining to be too thin now, or whether there's another cause for it.
Similarly to yourself, my first three children were easily conceived. First NTNP, conceived within about a year or so, but I knew nothing about my cycle, or trying to conceive or anything really. Second we conceived on third cycle after having implant removed, third conceived within a few weeks after birth of second. We weren't trying, in fact I hadn't had a proper cycle and I didn't think I was ovulating, we only had sex a few times but when our second was twelve weeks old we discovered we were expecting our daughter. I was also breastfeeding which was another reason I didn't think I was ovulating, since it makes it less likely. But clearly my reproductive system had other ideas, which I'm pleased it did as we wouldn't be without her!
But this time, it's been hard. It wouldn't have been half as hard if we hadn't actually conceived so many times and lost them all and although it seems we have an answer as to why this has been happening, fixing the problem doesn't appear to be easy as I haven't a clue where to go from here

I am 32 and have been trying for 7 months. My co-worker is 33 and got preggo on her first try. While it stinks we are all having trouble I am glad to know that I am not the only one.

Have any of you done any fertility testing yet? My doctor tested to make sure I am ovulating a few months ago, which I am. However, she mentioned wanting to test the hubs for after January if we aren't pregnant yet...Then on to checking everything else with me if his count comes back normal.

I am 32 and have been trying for 7 months. My co-worker is 33 and got preggo on her first try. While it stinks we are all having trouble I am glad to know that I am not the only one.

Have any of you done any fertility testing yet? My doctor tested to make sure I am ovulating a few months ago, which I am. However, she mentioned wanting to test the hubs for after January if we aren't pregnant yet...Then on to checking everything else with me if his count comes back normal.

I had my progesterone, thyroid level, and prolactin checked about 1 week ago. All was good. My progesterone was 19.5 (that was 7dpo) and she said that shows I am ovulating. I requested to get day 3 blood work to check FSH and estrogen levels. So that will probably happen on Monday since I am spotting right now and will probably start actual AF tomorrow. That blood test can be done on cycle day 2,3, or 4. My DH also got a semen analysis earlier this month and it was all normal. Only thing that was borderline was morphology so they said we should go to a clinic and have it checked by an actual person there since the analysis was done by a machine and can be off a little. Im hoping to have that done Friday so we can just know going into this new cycle (cycle 7!) If all of that is okay, then I want to get a hysteroscopy to check my fallopian tubes and make sure I dont have adhesions or anything else like that. I keep thinking I must have excess c-section scarring/adhesions. I have had some random pains in there that kind of concern me.

Yes. I had bloods to check for FSH, thyroid, FBC, oestradiol and LH and those retuned normal although I wasn't shown numbers. I had my progesterone levels checked at 9dpo which were 105.7nmol/L or 33.2ng/ml. I was told this is where I want it to be, although looking at their averages these numbers are a little above average. I then had a pelvic scan done immediately before af showed (the day before I think) and this showed all to be fine except my uterine lining which was too thin at 5mm, should be at least 7-10mm.
Husband is clearly making sperm that are able to get to the right place because we have had plenty of chemicals to show we can conceive but he hasn't had it analysed so don't know health of his swimmers. I doubt there's anything wrong though in that department, looks as if it's me. I also had a polyp which removed itself and these can stop implantation happening properly

I had DS at 32. It was complicated for us. It was 8 months between the time of my first pregnancy and the time we conceived DS, but that includes a pregnancy which began (unbeknownst to us) before we were TTC. It was lost at approximately 10 weeks, and I had an incomplete MC and had to get a D&C after a month of bleeding. There was some recovery time afterwards, and another loss between then and the conception of DS. Long story short, though, is that we averaged 2 cycles of trying per pregnancy.

I am turning 35 in a couple of weeks. We are on cycle #6. I had a chemical last cycle (cycle #5). So it is definitely taking us longer to conceive this time than last time, even though the difference is just a few years.

I had my progesterone, thyroid level, and prolactin checked about 1 week ago. All was good. My progesterone was 19.5 (that was 7dpo) and she said that shows I am ovulating. I requested to get day 3 blood work to check FSH and estrogen levels. So that will probably happen on Monday since I am spotting right now and will probably start actual AF tomorrow. That blood test can be done on cycle day 2,3, or 4. My DH also got a semen analysis earlier this month and it was all normal. Only thing that was borderline was morphology so they said we should go to a clinic and have it checked by an actual person there since the analysis was done by a machine and can be off a little. Im hoping to have that done Friday so we can just know going into this new cycle (cycle 7!) If all of that is okay, then I want to get a hysteroscopy to check my fallopian tubes and make sure I dont have adhesions or anything else like that. I keep thinking I must have excess c-section scarring/adhesions. I have had some random pains in there that kind of concern me.
It sounds like you are doing the same things we are. I hope all turns out well with your blood tests. If AF comes this week, I will be scheduling the exact same things you are upon my doctors request.

Good Luck to you! Hopefully all goes well and you will get a BFP soon!

Yes. I had bloods to check for FSH, thyroid, FBC, oestradiol and LH and those retuned normal although I wasn't shown numbers. I had my progesterone levels checked at 9dpo which were 105.7nmol/L or 33.2ng/ml. I was told this is where I want it to be, although looking at their averages these numbers are a little above average. I then had a pelvic scan done immediately before af showed (the day before I think) and this showed all to be fine except my uterine lining which was too thin at 5mm, should be at least 7-10mm.
Husband is clearly making sperm that are able to get to the right place because we have had plenty of chemicals to show we can conceive but he hasn't had it analysed so don't know health of his swimmers. I doubt there's anything wrong though in that department, looks as if it's me. I also had a polyp which removed itself and these can stop implantation happening properly
Hi Happycupcake.

I haven't had my lining checked, but I am thinking that may be a good idea to add to my list of things to do. I was previously worried because AF's visits are so short...2-3 days. I wonder if that is a symptom of my lining being too thin for implantation.

I think it is natural for us to believe there is an issue with us and that is why we are having trouble conceiving...I feel the same way. Much of what I have read though points to the contrary and says it just takes time and the older we are, the more time it takes.

Good Luck to you and here's to hoping for a BFP soon!

I think it can take longer the older we become but I also think it's always a good idea to have a few checks done if you suspect a problem. It saves trying for absolutely ages and not getting anywhere if there's an issue which could be fixed relatively easily.
Having short and/or light periods can be a sign of a thin lining, especially if they weren't like that before. Mine were always really heavy but then they randomly became short and light. Previous couple of periods have been heavier for a couple of days which is an improvement hopefully, but they're still nothing like they used to be

I got pregnant with DS2 when I was 31, had him when I was 32.

Took 2-3 cycles and I didn’t get pregnant until we started doing opk testing.

This time I’m 35, and one cycle down. Into our second cycle and in the TWW. we just don’t seem to have the time to dtd!

Unfortunately I can't vote because we haven't conceived. :(
We are both going to be 34 this yr :(
DH wants to give up after we hit 35 due to the risk of MC is higher :(
Following this post to see how many cycles it takes everyone.
So depressed and feels hopeless and worthless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->