Poor appetite, can't even think of eating xmas dinner!!

Rebecca_B

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure how many of you feel the same way as me but i haven't eaten very well for about 6 weeks now and i seem to snack on bits and bobs all day.

Jam on toast, toasties, crackers, crisps, some fruit, soup, cereal etc

We are going to a golf club down the road on xmas day for a 3 course dinner and i really want to want this dinner on friday but unless my appetite picks up quicktime i might be offending the chef...............

HELP!!

(Anyone else not looking forward to xmas dinner?)

I'm exactly the same. I'm just picking on food, for instance today I have had mushroom soup, 2 crumpets, an apple, a yoghurt a cup of tea and loads of water! I know it's not enough but it's all I can manage. The thought of a big meal or seeing food on tv gives me the heave! Going to mums for Christmas dinner and there's a fat chance I will be able to sit with them let alone eat it! x

I wonder when it gets better?????????

I thought i'd be ravonous by now as i'm nearly 14 wks!!!!!

I'm the same, Rebecca_B! Not only do I not have an appetite at all, but when I do eat I pick and can't manage even half a meal in one sitting. I'm worried about my family guessing about my (secret, for now!) pregnancy at christmas, as i'd usually be gulping the food. I think i'll fake a tummy bug... but if they already know you're pregnant, i'm sure the chef will understand!!!

xx

im the same i cant keep anything down not even water sometimes this morning i took a soluble paracetamol and even chucked that back up, Im spending xmas day with my partners family meeting some of them for the first time..... hope my stomach atleast keeps food down till i get home lol

oh dear. And there's me hoping I would be out of the woods by 14 weeks.

I feel for you hun x x

I have been in the Christmas spirit for quite some time now. To keep the tradition alive, I have been preparing all of the traditional Holidays meals that my family enjoys year after year.

Every time a dish is done, I have a little bit of it and then I just can't think about eating more. The idea of it makes me sick to my stomach. I love all of those dishes... :-( Now Christmas days is almost here and I can't even think about eating a big turkey dinner. More than likely I will have a small plate...similar to my 3 y/o boy and stop there.

All I seem able to eat is light and fresh foods and beverage. I am always craving orange juice (which is weird cause I don't normally drink much of it) and yogurt, fruits and veggies, salads, etc. Big meals are not my favorite right now. Even my steak that I normally love is not doing anything for me.

And to say, when I was pregnant with my son, all I wanted was junk food (go figure!). I could eat caramel cakes by the box and I was drinking pepsi like there was no tomorrow! Now the tought of it makes me sick! They do say all pregnancies are different....Now I know it's true!

I'm having a no food joy time too - i'm picking at bits and pieces, but not feeling hungry at all. I am actually cooking Christmas Dinner and normally by now and am stuffing half the ingredients in my face running upto the actual meal and yet this time - it's all here and nothing appeals. I had one fruit pie today and felt full - and that is strange.

Like Magoo - in my previous pregnancies, coca cola was the love of my life - now I have a sip and dont want any more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->