Poor DH...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Paxton, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Paxton

Paxton Mum + Wife-to-be

He's having such a bad day today, I asked him to make me a burger cause we just picked up buns yesterday and I wanted a cheeseburger. So he goes to make me one and he comes into the bedroom where I'm being lazy, and he says, "Dear? I cut myself, I need your help."

And I think it's just a little cut, so I say okay and amble out to the kitchen. Getting him in better light, he's holding his hand and theres blood eeeverywhere. I'm like, OH. CRAP. And I told him to wash it in the sink and then I wrapped it tight in paper towel and then called my dad to come over and give us a drive to the hospital.

The burgers were frozen together, so he used a knife to break them apart - which usually works. Except this time the knife must have slipped or something and he stabbed himself in the thumb :dohh: I felt soooo guilty, because he was only making cheeseburgers because I wanted one (although, he was hungry too)

We sit in outpatients for 2 hours and then they take him in (that's good time for this town's outpatients, 90% of the population here is elderly folk) and he comes out and they've given him three stitches, wrapped it up in gauze and he said they had to freeze it 3 times because apparently when he cut his thumb, it went right down to the bone.

We were still super-hungry, so we got my dad to go through drivethrough at McDonalds and we bought a couple cheeseburgers on the way home :haha:

We got home about 15 minutes ago, and DH was saying that the freezing had wore off, so I got him some advil to kill the pain. He's moping on the couch, watch some fishing show.

Poor DH! I still feel bad/guilty, even though I know logically it was an accident, and his own stupid fault for using the sharpest cutting knife in our kitchen, as opposed to a butter knife which works just as well :cry:

2. mumtobe01

mumtobe01 one perfect little boy!

Oh dear, bless him! Just give him lots of cuddles and make him feel really loved he is bound to be feeling sorry for himself.

3. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

ahhhh a friend of mine did the exact same thing! sounds sooo painfull :|! xx

4. marnie79

marnie79 Well-Known Member

aww ur poor dh, hope it gets better soon x