poor quality first scan pic :( share yours?

jessicat

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm pregnant with my first baby and had my dating scan on Friday. I was so excited to see my little baby looking all baby-ish (I thought I was 12+1) but instead I had to have an internal scan and was dating 10+6. The picture we got was very disappointing and I felt so sad because I'd never seen one like this before, where you can barely tell it's a baby! Especially not at almost 11 weeks

Was hoping people could comfort me to prove I'm not the only one out there with a scan that resembles a ltitle alien! I guess I was just unfortunate (but ofc fortunate to see baby wriggling with a heartbeat - phew!!)

Attachments

• 20141102_121902.jpg
    20141102_121902.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 50
Hi everyone
I'm pregnant with my first baby and had my dating scan on Friday. I was so excited to see my little baby looking all baby-ish (I thought I was 12+1) but instead I had to have an internal scan and was dating 10+6. The picture we got was very disappointing and I felt so sad because I'd never seen one like this before, where you can barely tell it's a baby! Especially not at almost 11 weeks

Was hoping people could comfort me to prove I'm not the only one out there with a scan that resembles a ltitle alien! I guess I was just unfortunate (but ofc fortunate to see baby wriggling with a heartbeat - phew!!)
I will share a pic later. At that stage, is it normal for the baby to be so snug against the uterus? Mine looked like a little blood But a lot of space of nothingness within the uterus. Even the lady who was in the room who was there to tale a look at my tubes told me 'you have a healthy blob" I'm like a blob? She's like Yeah. it's so small it looks like a blob of nothing.But it's healthy. I didn't like the words she used But happy the baby was healthy

Hi everyone

I will share a pic later. At that stage, is it normal for the baby to be so snug against the uterus? Mine looked like a little blood But a lot of space of nothingness within the uterus. Even the lady who was in the room who was there to tale a look at my tubes told me 'you have a healthy blob" I'm like a blob? She's like Yeah. it's so small it looks like a blob of nothing.But it's healthy. I didn't like the words she used But happy the baby was healthy

Aww blob lol bless. Not a nice word! How far along were you? I mean.. you can see the head, tummy, feet.. but just expected abit more from the picture tbh! Evenue the sonographer said you may not want the pictures cos they're not good, but I couldn't go without! She did say she may call me back in two weeks anyway to look abit more at babys anatomy so if she does I hope to get a better look then!

Hi everyone

Aww blob lol bless. Not a nice word! How far along were you? I mean.. you can see the head, tummy, feet.. but just expected abit more from the picture tbh! Evenue the sonographer said you may not want the pictures cos they're not good, but I couldn't go without! She did say she may call me back in two weeks anyway to look abit more at babys anatomy so if she does I hope to get a better look then!
7 weeks and Some days. Yeah and ur pic looks all pinkish.maybe they had cheap equipment that day. Also Mine was a vaginal ultrasound. Not as close up as yours.

All my ultrasounds with this on and my first were early so I never got to get a picture of an actual 'baby' :/ mine was a blob. And that's exactly what I called it haha. In fact I posted on facebook with my 1st it's just a little blob but it's OUR little blob

Maybe your bladder wasn't full enough, I had to have a probe inserted to get a better look because of that. As for them looking like little aliens here is my scan pic from 10+5...and it is certainly alien like. The other pics I have are more blob like.

Attachments

• ultrasound.jpg
    ultrasound.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 24
All my ultrasounds with this on and my first were early so I never got to get a picture of an actual 'baby' :/ mine was a blob. And that's exactly what I called it haha. In fact I posted on facebook with my 1st it's just a little blob but it's OUR little blob

I have been calling baby a blob too! :blush:

The dr said I think this is going to be a nice size baby! and I have been saying I don't know how he can tell, is he calling my blob big! :laugh2:

I always think that u/s from around 10 or so weeks look like teddy graham cookies/crackers. Mine just looks like.. well a blob, but it was from 7 weeks.

Lol I called mine a blob at my 7 week scan too. Attached is my 11 week scan. Baby's head is huge lol!

Definitely looks like she didn't have very high of quality equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_20141010_154446_672.jpg
    IMG_20141010_154446_672.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 21
Oops that is closer to 12 weeks...sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->