Poorly babies?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I'm really worried as I have a throat infection and a stinky bad cold and I'm scared Chloe is going to get it.

I know that she needs to get these bugs to make her stronger, I know that if she gets it its not the end of the world, but I don't want her to be poorly.

I'm worried as babies cant breathe through their mouth so what does she do if she's bunged up?

Ally has had 2 colds since he's been born (probably makes me an awful mother, but he's had them and there's nothing I can do about it now!) and he's been very bunged up and snotty and yet has definitely still managed to breathe. I didn't know they couldn't breathe through their mouths...Alasdair didn't seem to struggle too much with his breathing however he managed it!

She's going to get poorly at some point...and as you say, it will make her immune system stronger in the long run even if it's unfortunate for you both now :hugs:

Lewis has just got over a cold, which he kindly passed on to mummy :dohh:

He was quite badly congested which meant it took a lot longer to feed him, he seemed fine in himself just frustrated more than anything.

To try to help him breath a little better I put some Olbas Oil on a tissue in whichever room he was in at the time, it seemed to work.

HV said I could get saline drops from the chemist but I didn't bother and I didn't need to give him Calpol as his didn't appear to be in pain.

He did snore a hell of a lot for about a week, but they were really cute snores.

Thanks guys, she has been a bit snuffly and her breathing is definitely louder and she is feeding small amounts more often, which isnt like her so I wonder if she is bunged up. She seems happy enough though.

If she does had a cold that could account for her strange poo as well couldnt it?

I'm not sure having a cold would mean strange poo, Lewis's was the same as usual, it might do I guess.

Caitlyn had a cold when she was a couple of days old, and she breathed through her mouth. They have a survival instinct, don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->